a share of evil...

Trev's POV

With one foot forward, I fell from the rooftop of a building and landed in front of a man obviously in a hurry.

"How many of you are there?"

My eyes drifted to the knife in his hand. Nakuha kaagad nito ang atensyon ko dahil may bahid ito ng dugo.

I looked at the shadow behind his feet. It glistened, and for a moment I saw it move on its own.

"I asked you a question." Lumapit ako sa kanya nang nakapamulsa. "And you know what's going to happen if I don't get an answer."

Instead of answering, his grip on the dagger tightened.

I gave him a few more seconds.

Nang mahinuhang hindi siya magsasalita, napabuntong-hininga ako. "Cal."

The man's shadow rose to form another body. Behind him, Cal appeared and violently put him in a chokehold, causing him to break stance and let go of the weapon.

"Where are the others?" I stopped in front of them and picked up the dagger.

"With the authorities."

"Cesia?" I studied the blade in my hand once I noticed it was unusually glossier.

Matagal na nakasagot si Cal at naintindihan ko kaagad ito.

"They have Art, too," pagbibigay-alam niya. "I've been looking for her."

Itinapat ko ang dulo ng blade sa palad ko at dahan-dahang hiniwa ito. "Wolfsbane," I realized, after looking at my wound that's taking a longer time to close.

"Trev," sambit ni Cal dahilan na mapatingin ako sa kanya. "I was able to detect a few underground premises below Fira."

"The structures date back to eighteenth century," dagdag pa niya. "It's possible that they were made due to pirate attacks during the first settlement."

Fira was made in the eighteenth century. The noble families were the first settlers, making it Santorini's capital. During that time, islands were vulnerable to pirate attacks, so it really is possible that the privileged residents may have secretly created underground structures to protect themselves.

"A-A lot..."

Inilipat ko ang aking atensyon sa lalaking kanina pa nasasakal at sa wakas ay nagsalita na.

"T-There are a l-lot of us-" He said in broken english.

I just stared at him.

"D-Demigods... true... mythology..." He kept gasping for air. "Y-you are demigod..."

Panandalian kong binago ang kulay ng aking mga mata.

"I-It's true!" sigaw niya habang nagpupumiglas. "You!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "So what if it is?"

"You have... power... w-we need..."

"Ah." I spun the dagger in my hand. "I almost forgot that there are mortals like you."

Mortals who knew about our existence and are not afraid to step in to use us. Hunters, of demigods and mythological creatures.

I snickered.

Just like my stepfather, and Kara's uncle.

"P-Please..." His eyes were already watering.