omegas, the last chapter...

A/N: I did tell you I was going to meet you on the last chapter, didn't I? (Read the title) Ehehehe.

Mrs. Prince's POV

Patuloy kong tinapik-tapik ang dulo ng ballpen sa mesa. Nakatuon lang ako rito nang nakakunot ang noo. "What's taking her so long?"

"I don't know either," Doctor Seht adjusted his mist-infused glasses that his wife made for him.

And speaking of his wife, she finally entered the office.

"Sorry," ani Thea nang maupo sa tabi ni Seht. "May inasikaso ako sa greenhouse." Panandalian siyang napatingin sa malayo at saka bumulong, "Tanginang mga Beta. Sinira yung sprinklers na kakaayos ko lang."

I stopped tapping my pen on the desk and lifted my gaze at the two demigods seated across me.

Matagal-tagal ko silang tinitigan bago bahagyang umangat ang isang sulok ng aking labi. "He's here."

"Mmm." Tumango-tango si Thea. "Siya nga pinag-uusapan ng mga estudyante ngayon, eh."

"Have one of you seen him?" tanong ko.

"I probably will," ani Seht. "He's gonna have to stop by the clinic to claim his medical certificate."

I put my pen down on the table. "I volunteered to cover for the Omega's PE and Semideus." An amused smile curved on my lips. "It's time I get serious on training them, physically and ability-wise."

"Ria," Seht sighed. "Don't be too hard on them. You're already overpopulating the clinic with students from other classes."

Natawa ako nang mahina. "I'll try my best."

He looked at me with exhausted eyes and slowly shook his head.

Nabaling ang aming atensyon sa pinto nang may kumatok nito. Ilang sandali pa'y pumasok ang isang aurai na may dalang folder.

"Their records, Mrs. Prince," she bowed as she handed it to me.

I didn't bother to say thanks and let her walk out of the office in silence. Hinatid ko siya ng tingin at nang maisarado na niya yung pinto, muli akong humarap kina Seht at Thea.

"Let's meet again if one of us finally gets to see him," tugon ko. "Then we can discuss about our impressions."

And they both know I'm not referring to how he looked, but rather, how the air moved around him. 

To be honest, it's been years since I last saw him, and only for a short time, because he only left the Underworld to visit his mother's grave once a year.

I got busy with work and although I do visit Kaye every year, it's not always on the day of her death.

Sabay na tumayo sina Thea at Seht ngunit bago pa sila tuluyang makaalis ay tinawag ko si Thea.

"Thea, can I borrow your phone?"

Nilingon niya ako nang nakakunot ang noo. "Sa'n ba yung sa'yo?"

Kumisap-kisap ako. "I left it at the training room."

Pinasadahan niya ako ng tinatamad na tingin habang kinukuha ang phone mula sa bulsa niya.

Inabot niya sa'kin ito. "Ibalik mo 'yan, ah."

Nginitian ko siya. "Thank you."

I waited for them to leave before turning the silver phone on and looked for my husband's number on Thea's contacts.