Chapter 3. Unexpected truth spoke too soon?

I felt someone touching me and whispering into my ear, when I opened my eyes, I saw Damiano laying next to me in bed. My first reaction was a shock and a little bit of fear. I immediately sat in bed with blankets hiding my whole body. I looked around and noticed that it was Damiano's room. I probably fell asleep while watching the movie and he let me sleep here.

Damiano: Good morning, Principessa, how did you sleep?

Hi, Damiano... Ughh. What am I doing here? I asked confused.

Damiano: Well, yesterday, when we were watching a movie you fell asleep with your head on my shoulder, you slept so peacefully and I didn't want to wake you up, so I let you sleep in my bed while I slept on the couch.

Also, Ethan with Abby packed your suitcase for you and left it here. So, get up, me and others have a surprise for you.

Oh, okay... I said while getting off the bed and walking towards my suitcase. All of it feels so weird. I'm not feeling any empathy or anger towards him. I picked my outfit, shower products and went into the bathroom. While I was taking a shower I heard voices in the room, but I couldn't make up what are they saying. Suddenly I heard someone knocking on the washroom door. I immediately grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my body.

I'm so sorry, I'll be quick.

Vic: Hey, it's me, can I come in?

Just a sec! Quickly I dried myself and put on the outfit.

You can come in now, I unlocked and opened the door for Vic.

Vic: Okay, but don't be mad, my job right now is to blindfold you and take you to a certain place.

That's odd, I thought, but okay. Victoria put on a blindfold on my eyes and took my hand. We all sat in a car and drove somewhere. When we arrived Damiano helped me to get out of the car and we went inside. I heard a lot of different voices through the speakers and next to me. Are we at the airport? I thought to myself.

Ethan: Luciana, you can take your blindfold off now.

When I took off the blindfold I saw that we are at the airport.

Damiano: We have a surprise for you. I noticed that Abby said something to Damiano and he nodded. She came closer to me with something behind her back.

Abby: Luciana, we are going to Italy for two months!!!! Screamed my best friend. But what about my interview in LA? Maja will be pissed if I won't get into that plane. Look, guys, it all sounds incredible and it truly is, but I can't. I'm so sorry, I will miss you all so much, even you, Damiano. Have fun back home.

I turned around and I was about to go the other way to the check-in, but Damiano grabbed my hand and stopped me.

Damiano: Luciana, you don't need to fly to LA, we talked to Maja and she lets you go with us to Italy.

Wait? But what about my tour?

Vic: Hey, everything will be okay, don't worry about it.

Well, I guess I'm going to Italy.

Thomas: Guys, let's go, we have a plane to catch.

We all broke our group hug and went to the check-in. Everything went perfectly well without any burdens. Now it was time to sit on a plane and of course, my seat was next to Damiano. I'm starting to think that he was the one who picked our seats. Abby sat next to Ethan and Vic with Thomas. Almost the whole flight from Berlin to Rome I listened to music and read books online. From time to time I noticed that Damiano wanted to get my attention, but he saw that I'm busy and stopped. He looked sad and probably felt ignored and even hurt. In the middle of the fight, I turned off my earpods with my kindle and looked at him. Damiano felt that I'm looking at him and he looked at me.