Chapter 16 Unexpected Surprise

Damiano's pov

- I have a surprise for you when we land.

Luciana: Really? What surprise??? Tell me!!!
She looked all happy and excited and almost jumped out of her seat.
- I can't tell you, you'll have to wait.

Luciana: Aaaahhh, okay...
She looked down at her hands and started playing with her ring.
- But all I can tell you is that it's a good surprise and I think you're gonna love it.

Luciana: Okay...
For most of the flight, she was sleeping with her head on my shoulder and one hand on her belly. I can't wait for the surprise and her reaction, hopefully, she will love it...
I reached out to her brother Jacob through Instagram when I started planning this getaway trip when I told him all about it, he instantly agreed and insisted on helping with everything, also, letting us stay with him at his apartment even though I said that we'll have no problem on spending a few nights at the hotel, but he immediately disagreed. When I heard the pilot saying that we're gonna land soon, I immediately texted Jacob.

Lu's big brother💁‍♂️

Hey, man, we're landing soon.

Great, I'm waiting, which is your gate again?? I forgot.

No worries, dude, our gate is A20.

Got it👍🏼.

After letting Jacob know that we'll land soon, I decided to wake my girlfriend up, I slowly shook her and kissed her cheek. She slowly woke up and looked pretty happy.

Luciana: Babe!!
She said being all enthusiastic.
I'm here, my love, and never left your side. The pilot said that we're gonna land momentarily.

Luciana: Great!! Can't wait for the surprise!!!

- I'm sure you can't wait.
I softly kissed her lips and the plane started landing.
When we got off the plane, Lu couldn't stop talking about the surprise.
- Just wait, okay?
As I said this I heard Jacob greeting my girlfriend.

Jacob: Lulu!! Lulu!!
When she heard him, she started running towards him, jumped in his arms, and tightly hugged her brother.

Luciana: JACOB!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT IS YOU!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!

Jacob: It is me, Lulu, I missed you too.
When they broke down their hug, I walked closer to them and shook hands with Jacob.

Luciana: So, what's the surprise?
She asked curiously.

- Uhhmm... That's your surprise.
I said pointing my hand at her brother.

Luciana: Yay!! Babe...

- What is it, love?

Luciana: Can we go to the hotel? I want to sleep...