[2] 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

[let's just pretend they don't know what sirens are? Okay? Okay.]

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

"Come on, I'm sure some ice cream will make you feel better." Blaise suggested, his feet in the water while he sat on the dock.

I shook my head, my arms crossed while I looked up at him. "What's that?"

He laughed, "You don't know what ice cream is?" I shook my head, not a smile in sight on my face. "Come on, Lina. Turn around, let me see what he did."

I sunk down into the water, turning my body around and floating up to the surface on my back. My fin won't heal for awhile, I don't even know why I'm still in the water. I'm scared father will see me talking to Blaise. God, why couldn't I just lie? Why is it so hard to keep my mouth shut about things?

I turned around, propping myself back up on the dock, "I don't know how long my fin will take to heal. He threw me against the rocks on the surface. All the way over there," I pointed to the mountains in the distance, "I'm lucky he didn't make me quit hogwarts."

Blaise rubbed my shoulder, not staring anymore at the big gash on my back. "Isn't there a law down there about something like this?"

I shook my head again, "Sirens are born to be aggressive. They're not— not supposed to question injuries down there. It's 'normal for us'."

"Okay, but what about you?"

"What about me?"

He sighed, and wiggled his feet in the water again. "Come on, Lina. You're not aggressive. You're not mean. So what about you?"

I shook my head, "Thats a story for a different day—"

"Hey Blaise! Who are you talking to mate?!"

"Shit!" Blaise scrambled around and I pushed myself back into the water, the aching on my back increasing with a sting.

I stayed under water until it was dark, the sun was already setting when me and Blaise were talking. I met Blaise when I first came to hogwarts in fourth year, it's now year seven. I bumped into him in the hallways right after I failed a herbology test, and I was on the verge of tears.

When he first found out what I was, he didn't judge. He actually wanted to go to the black lake and swim for a little bit. Since then, we watch the sun sets on the dock sometimes. I don't know where I'd be without him, he's my best friend. But I know he has other friends.

He found out about my father when he came into my dorm once, and I was in the bath, so of course it was normal to see me with a tail, but that was when it was bad. When father scarred me with the three holes on my side.

His hand waved in the water, and I narrowed my eyebrows. Why is he still out here? I popped up above the water, "What are you still doing here?"

"I'm not just gonna leave you, dummy." He smiled, handing me a hand and I took it, letting him help me sit on the dock to dry off. "Come on, let's get some ice cream."

𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚;

"You've got to be kidding," Makayla rolled her eyes as we watched Blaise enter the common room with a bowl of ice cream in his hand. "You we're hanging with that freak weren't you?"

Blaise furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't know who twisted your panties, but don't call her that. She's not a freak."

"She is."

I didn't think Makayla gets to have that opinion, she doesn't even know the girl. But something about her is definitely weird, she speaks like she's never spoken to anybody besides Blaise. But she's gorgeous, I could hardly keep my eyes off of her when I first saw her.

"Hey Blaise," Theo laughed with Pansy, "You've got a little something on your head."

I watched him pull a piece of seaweed off of his head, and I was confused at first, until he cursed under his breath and said 'Lina'. I'm pretty sure I was the only who heard it, but I didn't like it. She takes him away from us.

"Is she who you were talking to at the black lake?" I asked him, leaning into the common room couch with my legs spread.

Blaise scoffed, "I wasn't talking to anybody. Plus it— it couldn't have been Lina anyways."

"And why's that?" Makayla asked, leaning onto me. I hated her, honestly.

"She uh—" he scratched the back of his head, "She's  afraid. Of water— yeah, she's afraid of the water."

I wanted to laugh, but he looked like he was serious. "Whatever. You want a beer or are you gonna continue eating some kids ice cream?"

He joined us on the couch and I watched Theo and Blaise  share a blunt, which I told them to pass to me. I inhaled, and exhaled. The weight was lifted off my shoulder, my father is going insane. He's partnering with the ministry to bring some boats out tomorrow on the black lake, they actually think sirens are real. And they want to prove it. Mental.

"You guys, me and Theo have something to announce." Pansy stood up, and i exhaled again, handing the blunt back to Blaise. She lifted up her sweater, and my eyes practically bulged out of my head. She was pregnant. "I'm 22 weeks pregnant."

Theo stood up with a smile, kissing her. "On that note, we're going to bed." He winked at me, and I chuckled, watching Blaise stand up too.

"I'm going too," he headed back down the boys dormitory, and that left me and Makayla.

She sighed, "You think him and that girl are dating?"

"Why are you so worried about her?" I raised my eyebrow down at her, "If they were dating Blaise would've told us. He can't keep secrets for shit."

She shook her head, smirking. "Does little Malfoy have a crush?"

"You're delusional, I don't even know her." I rolled my eyes, trying to understand why Makayla was talking about her. Is she that insecure?

She sat up, "Okay. You wanna play a game?"

"What game?"

"It's a bet, really. Not a game." She giggled like a freak, and I could already see where this was going.

"Absolutely not, I don't even know her."

"Even better." She whispered, "Come on, Dray. What if I told you I could get your father a siren? He would be so proud of you."

I sighed, "Fine. What's the bet?"

She giggled, "You just have to make her fall in love with you."