[21] 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲

[guys I forgot to mention it in here, but she definitely took the potion. All I have to say, is get ready for chapter 25.]

𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚;

𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚;

"Lina?" I grabbed her face in my hands, watching her lips suddenly become blue.

She was hardly breathing, and for a moment, I was beginning to grow worried. Is this about what I said? I didn't mean to make her do this— I glanced at her wrists, the bands no longer there. When did the last one snap? I wanted to know what they were.

She got off my lap, her breathing growing heavier. I stood up too, watching Blaise run over to her with a worried look. She was mumbling something to him, and he instantly picked her up in his arms and ran to the bathroom. What the fuck.

Why the hell are they in the bathroom?

Alone.

I heard the bath tub running, and when I was pulled away from the door, Theo was gripping my shoulders. "You probably shouldn't go in there. Somethings— something was just wrong with what she drank."

I don't believe you.

But I just nodded my head because what else could I do? I don't believe Lina would cheat. I don't believe she's doing something with Blaise and I don't believe that he would do that to me. But something is definitely weird about her and I can't fucking figure it out.

"God, she's so fucking dramatic," I heard Astoria complain, looking at her nails.

I don't know what happened, but one minute I was 20 feet away from her in the hallway and the next, I was slamming a bottle next to her head on the wall.

The glass shattered, and tears formed in her eyes. I didn't fucking care. "Get out."

"Mate, calm down—"

"Get the fuck out of this living room, and stay away from me. I swear to fuck, Astoria, I'll kill you myself." My hands gripped the broken bottle harder, everybody going quiet except for her crys.

She ran away and up the stairs, her sobs echoing through the cabin and I sat on the couch. Theo sat next to me, placing his chin on his knees. "Draco, she's okay, I promise."

But that doesn't explain anything.

It doesn't answer my questions.

"Just calm down, okay?" He placed his hand on my shoulder, and all I could do was nod.

My head fucking hurts. I'm trying to find an explanation for things— for a lot of things. Shes a lot of things, but she's not answering my questions. She doesn't answer any of my questions. I asked her where she went the past two weeks if she didn't have any family, she couldn't give me an answer.

"You said you loved her," Makayla blankly stated, and I stood up, watching her suck on her stupid fucking sucker. "Does she even know she's a—"

I shoved her sucker back into her mouth, nearly making her choke. "Let's go talk somewhere else, okay?"

I pushed her into the kitchen and then into the laundry room harshly, slamming the door. She looked at me like I was crazy for pushing her, but I didn't care. I put a silencing spell on the door, and then glared at her.

"Are you—"

"I'm not doing the bet anymore, I told you." I stated, leaning against a wall. "I shouldn't have believed you in the first place, your father doesn't have a siren—"

Her laugh cut me off, "Do you think that if you just call off the bet means it didn't happen?" She walked towards me in the tiny space, her arms crossed with her fucking sucker in her mouth. "It doesn't change the fact that the whole reason you started talking to her was because you were getting something in return."

I gritted my teeth, "You're a bitch. I fucking hate you. You should have never made me do the goddamn bet in the first place."

"Yeah, well," she scoffed. "That was before I got to hang around her. That was before I realized she's a nice person! It was before she started to try to talk to me! And it—" she stammered on her words, her eyes filling with tears. "It was before I looked at her a different way."

My eyebrow raised, "What the fuck do you mean by that?" She shrugged, sniffled, and then looked at me in the eyes. "Makayla.. you're not.."

"She just—" she buried her face in her hands, "After I put my underwear in your dorm and let her find it—"

"That was you?!"

"Mhm," she cried more, her tears sliding over her freckles with red hair. "I wanted to hurt her for.. for wanting—.. you."

My lips curled into a snarl, disbelief covering my entire face. She's in love with Lina. She fell in love with her just like I did. "Makayla—"

"I know what you're gonna say, alright?" She wiped her cheeks but it didn't do any good when fresh tears fell. "Shes with you, I know. I get that now. But I couldn't help it, she was always so nice to me even when I was mean. And I couldn't tell her about the bet even if I wanted too, Draco. She'd be so hurt."

"I already told her," I mumbled, watching her face fill with confusion and anger. "But she doesn't know the definition of it."

"Oh."

It was silent between us, and then she wiped her cheeks even more. When I opened the door, Lina stood there, her big, beautiful eyes staring up at me while Makayla left the room. Her face looked hurt, but all I could do was breathe. I could always breathe when I'm around her.

But fuck this looks horrible.

I mean surely not, Makayla was crying. "Lina, I swear it's not what it looks like."

She just stood there, her over sized jacket practically drowning her with her T—shirt and shorts on. She was searching my face, but then her eyes lowered. "Okay."

"Okay? What does that mean?" I stepped towards her, taking her waist in my hands. She shrugged, but this time when I looked at her big blue eyes, there was a hint of gold on the side. Is she.. wearing contacts?

"I don't know," she told me quietly, "I'm not sure how I feel about you being in a room with another girl while the door is shut. What did you to her?"

"Lina— I swear I didn't do anything—"

"Yes, you did." She crossed her arms, staring up at me. "She came out crying. What. Did you. Do to her."

I blew out a breath of relief, thanking Merlin she didn't think I slept with Makayla. I just shook my head, picking her up and letting her wrap her legs around my wait.

"She was just letting me know her feelings," I tried to explain that the best I could.

"Is she okay?" Lina asked, pure confusion on her face. "Oh goodness, should I go check on her?"

"No, baby." I carried her upstairs, "Come on, let's shower."

She smiled, shaking her head. "I can't do that."

"And why's that?"

All she did was smile so big and bury her face into my neck.