[24] 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

"Lina, come on, you've gotta eat." Makayla pushed my plate back in front of me, her eyes worried.

I slowly took the spook and ate a bite of oatmeal, my stomach curling. Winter break ends tomorrow. It's been five days since I've seen Draco. It feels like every day without him, I grow more and more upset. Upset with everything, and for no reason at all.

Patrick has eaten a little, but he's refusing because Draco isn't here. And for some reason, I feel like he's punishing me. Like he won't eat because I'm the one who made Draco go away. Patrick wasn't making things easier for me, so I kept him in his tank. I will not yell at him.

He's just a baby.

"Did you cheat on him?" Makayla asked quietly.

"No."

"Do you want to talk about it—"

"Can I tell you something?" I cut her off, sighing.

My hands were shaking a little, but if I was gonna just openly admit that I was a freak, then I'd tell her before I told Draco. At least I'd see how she reacts before I even thought about telling Draco.

Slowly, she tucked her red hair in a low bun, and nodded her head. "Yeah, course."

I dropped the spoon, and pushed my knees up to my chest. "Sirens are real."

It was a long pause before her mouth opened, and then closed with her eyebrows furrowing. Her eyes searched my face, but I didn't meet her eyes as she asked me a question. "How would you know that?"

But I just stared at her until she dropped her mouth open.

"No— no, no no no no." She just turned her body forward and looked at the table. "Thats crazy. That's fucking— I don't believe you."

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I tried my best to push them down. "Okay."

"Okay? What's okay? Lina, you understand what you're asking me to believe, don't you? That you, a human, are a— a siren?" Her voice wavered, and I just sighed. She shook her head, turning back to face me. "Lina, look at me." I did as she said, letting her wipe the tears from my face. "Thats a hard thing to believe."

"The night at the cabin," I closed my eyes, wanting Patrick back behind my ear. "Blaise took me to the bathroom because the bands on my wrists snapped. He had to put me in the water."

"Bands? There was only one in the hot tub—"

"I didn't cheat on him," I cried softly. "The scale his father has is mine. I'm scared to tell him but he thinks— he thinks I cheated. And I'm mad at him for thinking I cheated. Does that make me a bad person?"

"Absolutely not," she grabbed my face softly, her thumbs wiping more of my tears off. "You have every right to be mad, babe. He wants you to trust him, but I don't think he trusts you enough."

I laughed a little, "I thought you hated me." She continued to make me laugh, my head rested on her shoulder.

The first time I stepped on land, I couldn't walk.

But the moment I got the hang of it, I wanted to walk forever. I wanted to go to the mountains, and I wanted to see the clouds forever. I wanted to see the moon on land and not from the surface of the water.

I had so many hopes as a child, but my father ruined every single one for me.

I don't know how to get up, I don't even know how to move. I feel like I'm falling apart because it hurts so much. He stabbed me again. The three scars on my right side are now matching with my left side. He told me to never swim in these waters again. But before he did, he told me he loved me because I looked so much like my mother.

So I lay here, in the middle of my dorm, cold, and bleeding.

I think the world hates me.

"Lina?"

My eyes peeled up at the sound of Blaise, my body trembling. "Blaise?"

"Can I come in?"

I almost sobbed. "Please." The door opened, and he had a smile on his face until he saw so much blood on a towel. "Help me."

"Oh my fuck," he shut my door, crouching down to my level and slowly took away my towel, my shirt lifted up just enough to see three stab wounds. "Lina, I thought you said you wouldn't go back?"

"I thought I said that too."

He helped me to the bathtub, filling it with water. Blood was turning the water red, but I don't think I could care anymore.

I stepped out of bed, pulling my blanket over me.

My legs nearly gave out when I stood up, my side hurt, and I was weak. It hurt to walk, but all I wanted was Draco right now. I wanted him to hold me even if he didn't want too right now. I just wanted to see him, I wanted him to tell me he's sorry.

Walking out of my room, I tried to hold onto the walls for balance. My body was cold, and I didn't feel good at all. Am I dying? Surely not. I can't die. I have a whole life left.

I took a deep breath, I was just right outside Draco's dorm.

When I went to knock, the door had already opened.

How badly I wished I hadn't stepped outside of my dorm. How badly I wished I'd stayed inside.

Because the girl that stepped outside of his dorm, was in a towel. Astoria.

"Why do you look so pale?" She scooted past me and shut his door. "Fucking freak."

My head was spinning. I put my hands on the wall to try to balance myself, but my heart was hurting so bad. My legs were becoming weaker, and I could hardly stand. This was too much.

I was trying to get back to my dorm, but I didn't make it.