[11] 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒔;

"The fuck is wrong with you?" I hear Blaise whisper shout as I move in my sleep state.

Oh goodness, who is he cursing out?

I gripped the fuzzy blanket back to my body, hearing Draco's voice respond, making me freeze. I need to get back to my dorm, me and Patrick need to go to sleep, and he needs to eat. 

But I can't stop thinking about the feeling in my chest, it hurts. But why? Does he feel like he does with me for her? Does she touch him when I don't? Oh my, what if he's getting bored of me? What if he's annoyed with me? My eyes watered uncontrollably, facing the wall.

"I was drunk — I didn't know I wasn't kissing her," he sounded angry, but I didn't know what for. "I thought I was kissing her but—"

"But you weren't." Blaise cut him off, "She's sleeping right now. Come back later."

"Later?! It's four in the morning," Draco woke me up even more, making me toss the covers off of me and put my legs off the bed onto the floor. "Lina, please—"

"Patrick has to eat, he's behind schedule," I cleared my throat, my voice so tiny it was embarrassing. "I'll see you guys later."

I pushed past both of them, making my way to my dorm.

Patrick was being weird today.

He was probing at my ear more than usual, and when I asked him what was wrong, he just pointed. But he was pointing to nothing, so I was confused. He was able to see a little more clear now, because Blaise gave me a hair cut like usual and now my curls were shorter.

I haven't spoken to Draco either, I don't think im ready too. It's only been three days but I've been avoiding him about it, I've tried to forget. But I can't.

When Patrick pulled at my ear again, I became worried. But then he pointed to the hallway behind me, and this time, somebody was there.

She was naked, bare naked. And it didn't take me long to realize who it was, her brown straight hair and the lime green eyes mirroring my fathers. My sister. She hates me as much as my father does, they say I look like my mother.

"Ashira, oh my," I ran up to her, "You can't be naked!"

"Well I'm not like you," she snapped at me, hurrying to follow me to my dorm. "I don't live off of humans. It's disgusting, truly, Lorelina."

I pulled her into my dorm, and threw her some clothes. She slipped them on, looking dirty as ever. "I kind of have too if I want to go to school—"

"I don't need the attitude, I'm just here to deliver father's instructions." My heart beat faster, palms starting to sweat. Patrick was holding onto me harder, and I prayed she didn't hit me.

Patrick saw what happened when father ripped my back fin off, and he was so scared. I never want to put him through that again. "Ok—"

"He wants you to come back in the water," she cut me off, feeling the material of the clothes. She made a disgusting face when it slapped back onto her skin, "Like stay. He's worried you're gonna expose us."

I shook my head, "I don't wanna go back.." I whispered, feeling my heart clench.

"I'm sorry? Speak up." Her voice was so mean, I couldn't have spoke back. "It wasn't a question, it wasn't a choice. He wants you back, and you have to respect him. He fed your fin to the Grindylows, by the way."

I wanted to throw up right now. "Why do I have to go back? I have friends here—"

"Oh, I know. You don't think this is the first time I've been here, right?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "You and the blonde boy. I saw you with him the other night, watching him try to put your hair up. It's disgusting."

"Please don't talk about him—"

"You sang your song, didn't you?" She scoffed with a laugh, "You know thats the first thing thats against the rule? You made him like you, didn't you? Oh, wait till father hears about this."

"No! I swear I didn't!" I was panicking now, because I didn't think my heart would be able to handle this. "Please you know what they'll do to me!"

She shook her head, going to walk to my door. "You're going to make the wrong choice, and end up just like your mother. Father will want to speak to you. Come soon." And she left, just like that.

I slid down my bed and buried my face between my legs, and started to sob. I hate crying, I really do but if she tells father I sang my song I'll be dead. She's ruining my life, and it hurts my feelings because I didn't do anything wrong.

My door opened again, and I felt like crying more if she was coming back to tell me something else. "Please," I choked on my own tears. "Go a—away."

"Lina? Jesus," I cried harder, feeling myself being lifted into someone's arms. It wasn't anybodys arms, it was Draco's. And I wanted to push him away, but he was allowing me to cry and not talking.

I was placed side ways on his lap, his fingers rubbing my back. It was healed a little more now, it hurts less. But it's leaving a nasty scar, and I didn't like it. I buried my face into his neck, crying harder while he just held me.

"Lina, is this about me?" He whispered, tucking my hair behind my ear to reveal Patrick. "I'm so sorry, I really am. I was drunk and I thought I was kissing you—"

"You— you've been kissing me for almost two months,' I pushed my face back up, "But you couldn't recognize the way my face feels? Does she touch you? I'm not ready to touch you—"

"No, oh fuck, no," he shook his head, holding me closer to him. More tears spilled out of my eyes, "No she doesn't touch me, I told you I'd give you all the time you need. I was drunk, Lina, I swear, it wasn't intentional."

I shook my head, wiping off my cheeks. "I don't want to forgive you yet. You made me feel so bad."

"Thats okay," he started playing with Patrick, "Can I tell you something? I know you'll hate me, but I regret it now."

I nodded, laying my head on his chest, "Tell me. It'll make me feel better."

"You we're a bet," he blurted, my entire face filling with confusion. "And I'm sorry but I don't want to do the bet anymore—"

"I don't understand," I gripped his shirt in my hand, "Is that something I carry? What's a bet? Is it good or is making you not like me?"