[14] 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚

𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚

"Would you just fucking go away?" I glared at Astoria, watching her skim over everything in my room.

Everything feels weird right now, Lina is gone and Astoria transferred back to hogwarts. I didn't like it one bit— I have no clue where Lina is.

It's been two weeks.

I can't help but worry about her. She told me her dad works but her parents want nothing to do with her, I'm worried about Patrick, is he with her? Like usual? I don't know. I don't understand it either, he's with her every single hour of the day and I've read on starfish, they can't live on anything that doesn't live in some type of water.

I wouldn't say he lives on her, but I would.

"Why? You've been quiet, Draco." She ran her hands along my desk, and all I wanted to hear right now was Lina ramble on about how good she did in potions today without her glasses. "Somebody else keeping you warm at night?"

Was. Now I toss and turn at night. Ever since me and her had actual sex, I've been sleeping in her bed or she's been sleeping in mine.

"Astoria, if I have to tell you again, I'm gonna blow my brains out." I stood up, closing one of Linas books. "When I come back, I want you gone."

I slammed my dorm door shut, walking out towards the common room to see Blaise sitting in front of the fire. He's been quiet too, but I don't talk about my feelings and he doesn't talk about his.

So I just walked past him and straight into Linas dorm. Her smell hit my nose, my lungs finally feeling like I can breathe again. She just makes it easier to be around. She doesn't expect things from me, and she's still trying to live her best life. She doesn't ask questions and she doesn't probe me.

She doesn't want to open up to me, and I can't blame her, because I don't either.

She's just easier for me to do everything with. Without feeling weight on my shoulder.

Slowly, I picked up a book that's laid underneath her pillow. It was thick, more thick than any book I've ever seen her read. On the back, she carved some words into the hard cover of it.

The water is a lot different when you can feel it instead of listen to it.

What does that even mean?

I walked around, looking at everything on her shelves. Some rocks sit on the shelves, more books and even a telescope. Walking into the bathroom, I saw something written on the mirror.

-You will do good today
Eat healthy and be yourself ♡︎

That sounds just like her.

"What are you doing in here?" Blaise pushed me out of my thoughts, and I walked out of her bathroom.

I shrugged, "I'm just.. I don't know."

He narrowed his eyebrows into slits, "Well, get the fuck out."

Just like that, my anger start pooling at the back of my mind. Why was he being such a dick head right now? "You don't own her room, you don't own her—"

"Oh, would you quit the fucking act?" he scoffed, his expression hard to read. "I was the only one who ever cared about her, I was the only who was there for her. You made her leave, didn't you? Of course you fucking did, thats all you do."

I grew confused, my heart aching as he continued. "Blaise I didn't—"

"You failed her," he spoke so harshly. "I wanted her to be happy. I wanted her to be happy with you— fucks sake, Draco, I wanted her to feel everything she's never gotten too. You failed her, just like you fail your father, and now, she's gone."

My heart twisted.

In the next minute, I was out of the door and back into mine, downing a bottle of alcohol.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Makayla came walking into the common room, me and Pansy the only people here. "Draco, your father was right!"

I nearly stop breathing, turning around, watching her shove the paper at me. Taking it, reading over the lines, my throat went dry. The scale he found was being analyzed, and they found certain cells that you only find in humans.

Jesus, is he serious? I don't know how to explain it, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Astoria entered the common room too, "What's going on?"

"Draco's father, thats what." Makayla snarled at her, they don't get along. They don't get along because they both want me— and I don't want either of them. They see me as a competition. Lina's not like that and I love it. "It's real, I know it is."

"Yeah, okay." I scoffed, taking another swig of my alcohol. "Until you figure out it's all fake. My father would do anything for money, I highly doubt it's true."

"Can I be honest, Draco?" Pansy spoke up, and Astoria tried to sit on my lap.

I pushed her off, "Go for it."

"I think your fathers delusional," she spat out, resting her hands on her belly that was about to pop. "I think he's just trying to prove something that isnt— and hasn't ever been true."

I nodded, "I know."

"Did you think I wasn't gonna say anything about Lina either?" I tensed, watching Makayla rolling her eyes and leave the room. "Where is she. I miss her."

You think I don't miss her too?

I scoffed, "I don't know, okay? I don't. I haven't for the past two weeks, I've told you this. You think you're the only one who misses her?"

"Who's Lina?" Astoria asked, her body sitting next to me. "Is she your cousin?"

Standing up, I shot her a glare. "No, she's not my fucking cousin. Mind your business, Astoria."

"Well, who is she?" She kept probing, and god, I wanted to tie her mouth shut. "Is she the reason you won't even look at me?"

"Maybe throwing yourself at me isn't working out so great, is it?" I raised my eyebrow at her, remembering the time she used my shower without my permission two days ago and got on top of me— naked. "I. Don't. Want. You. Get over it."

I was pissed.

I was pissed because Lina wasn't here to run her fingers through my hair, I was pissed because she wasn't here to sit on my lap and calm me down. I was pissed because I haven't touched her in two weeks, and everybody blames me.

My chest hurt when Blaise told me I failed her. I didn't mean to. I didn't know I did anything. But thats probably why he's right that I failed my father, I didn't do anything.