~ 34 ~

It was finally the New Year's Eve and you got only fifteen minutes till it officially ends and starts the new year. The guys had been running around like mad men whispering, snapping and tugging at each other. It was so weird, you noticed how tensed they were getting every passing hour, specially Taehyung.

They all did throw a mind blowing party for just you guys but Taehyung was not going crazy as usual. Yes, he did make everyone play his weird games but something was different. When you tried talking about it to Jimin, he just avoided it. Joanne was too blinded by her boyfriend's sweet gestures and love to notice any of the off behavior and you didn't want to ask Vinny about this, because she will literally slap you back saying 'I told you so bish'. So no, you didn't want that.

"Y/n.. what on earth are you doing. Come fast. We need to go outside." Joanne snaps you back to reality as she tugged on to your arm.

"We literally got few more minutes left." You mumbled as she dragged you out.

"Yeah but lets help those idiots to set up the fireworks. I have a feeling they will set them up even before midnight. Besides we need to gather the rest and keep the kids in a safe distance." She says bringing out the teacher in her. You chuckle and shake your head.

"Where is Vinny.. and Ash?" You ask after scanning the area. Everyone was here except for Jin, Vinny and Ash.

"I think they are in the kitchen with Jin. They'll be here." She says and you two go to help the others and clean up the space to celebrate.

When it was finally the time, the energy in the air was inviting, however the temperature was repelling you all. Sharp coldness stiffened your hands and brought rosy blush to your cheeks but the irresistible anticipation kept you all planted where you stood under the dark cold sky. Before a hue of violet or a pigment of green could be seen, the crowd gathered, shivering and excited.

There was bustle and commotion around you. Everyone was getting settled close together to conserve their heat with their loved one and to begin to agitate excitement. You took a deep, icy breath as your lungs swelled with air. Overhead, the sparse clouds cleared like opening curtains to reveal the young night. You leaned over towards the warm fragrance of your lover and clenched his arm. The air was a stingray nipping at your heels and pinching your nose.

"It's time come on guys." Jungkook hollered getting ready to set the fireworks off from one side with Vinny next to him and Hoseok and Ash on the other. You always wanted to draw rainbows in the dark, hold pencils of pure light, You guess that's why you love fireworks so much. As you stood out together with the stars all around, a blanket for this planet that's half asleep, half awake, you are already imagining their colors, cradling yourself to the man you love. Jimin was carrying Jae in one arm and had his other wrapped around you as you all started counting out loud. 

 "5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" You all shouted. Above the vague horizon of pines, the sky suddenly exploded into a splash of colors and patterns.

Jimin looked down at you smiling and leaned to take your lips in his with so much love and happiness. You kissed him back feeling euphoric. "Happy New Year My love." He whispers against your lips making you smile. "Happy New year My Jimin." You both shared another peck and turned to kiss your little one's cheek and wish him too. Jae giggled and kisses both of you back before looking up at the sky as more sparks were set off.