Chapter 9 Untouched

ERIN'SPOV

A few minutes later, after rinsing my face and brushing my knotted hair, I head for Styles' office, trying to put that crazy woman's attack behind me, at least while I try to work. Because regardless of what she thought, I'm only working with him. Not that my body seemed to understand that when he touched me. It come alive. He was so tender with me. My body shivers just thinking about him touching me.

Either way, I need to stay focused and remember why I'm here. And it's not for sex. I don't wanna be another Lana. Pulling some other girls' hair out because he's moved on to someone else. I won't be played like that, not even by someone as hot as him. Besides, I have enough to deal with.

As I approach his office, I hear him: "Jesus bloody Christ! I'm in the middle of something... fine... I said fine. I'll fill in for him... yeah, I'm pissed off... why? Because my life doesn't revolve around work... I said I'll do it. So send me the details and I'll be there!"

As I step inside the room, he ends his phone call. "I'm guessing you won't be needing me now?"

He pokes his phone into his pocket. "No, unfortunately."

"Ok." I nod. "I'll get going."

"No, no, don't rush off. Stay. I'm just about to make coffee. After that I'll shower and then drop you back at the dorm."

"Oh, ok, cool." I follow him along the hall and into a huge dining / kitchen area.

My eyes drift out through the black doors, to the luxurious grey lap pool. Wow. I stop to admire it a moment. It's so long I can't see where it starts or ends. Cool pool.

My eyes move around the floor to ceiling black kitchen cupboards. Talk about lavish. In a house with less lighting, it would come off too dark, but in this well-lit room, it looks incredible. I take a seat on one of the black stools that run along the island bench and stare at the cross trainer and bench press against the far wall; that explains his magnificent body.

"How you feeling now?" he asks.

I shrug. "A little shaken, but I'll be ok. The bin in your bathroom is full of my hair by the way."

His eyes shoot to me. "Do you blame me."

"No. She was jealous. Some people do crazy things when they're jealous."

"So can pissed off people. I still can't believe she came in my house and attacked you. Crazy fucking Bitch is lucky I didn't wring her neck."

"Anyway, can we just forget it." I look down at my hand and pick at my thumb nail. "My head hurts just thinking about it."

"I'll get you a painkiller. And yes, lets change topic. I'm totally embarrassed by that insane outburst. ... so, what made you respond to my ad, Erin?"

Where do I start? So, I start at the beginning. How I lost my money and been unable to find a job. He's sympathetic; not that I tell him for sympathy, but because he asked. I want him to know that he's not the only one striving for something. He reaches inside his jacket and pulls out a black wallet. Oh god, I never told him so he would take pity on me. He tosses a bundle of fifty and twenty dollars notes on the bench-top. "That'll help."

My eyes run over the money. "I didn't tell you so you'd throw money at me."

"Erin, it's an advancement on your wage. Take it."

"No. I'd rather you keep it until I'm finished."

"Fine," he says. "Take it or don't take it... are you busy this Friday night?"