Chapter 12 Where are they

ERIN'S POV

As soon as we leave the club, Kevin takes us to an empty warehouse where a '90s rave party is taking place. We take our place behind three women dressed as fairies, one of which is heavily pregnant.

Minutes later, Kevin, Reece, Simone and myself are entering an abandoned brick building. The high walls are coated and re-coated in years of colorful graffiti, and an old spiral staircase has a layer of graffiti wallpaper trailing up the steps.

As we move through the energy-filled space, I watch the colorful haze of lasers shooting across the darkness. Hundreds of crazed ravers are feeding off the DJ in his console, fist pumping the air, and mixing a '90s retro techno song.

I refocus on Kevin's brown man bun as he leads us towards a fog machine. That's when I spot two men exchanging something in their hands. I redirect my attention to all the dancers shaking the structure of this old factory as Kevin waits to score.

The four of us form a small circle once he has, and Kevin opens his hand to reveal a tiny bag with several orange and blue tablets inside. "It's the love drug, people!" He empties a few into the palm of his hand. "One of these sweet treats and you'll be higher than a neutron star." He pushes his hand at me. "You want?"

I nod and say, "Yeah, I do."

Minutes later and I'm not feeling so great. I leave the others dancing while I take myself off to the bathroom. The line is so long I end up siting on the ground waiting. I have no idea how much time has passed when I wake up on the bathroom floor. The room is empty and my head is rocking my skull. I pull myself up and stumble for the door. As soon as I pull it open and step out, a wave of fear hits me when I see the dark-haired guy from the club and his friends leaning against the wall. Have they been waiting for me? I rush away, joining the crowd as they head for the main gates to exit this old building.

I grab my phone and dial Simone's number. It goes straight to message bank. So I leave a panicked message. "Where are you guys? I'm alone and freaking out!" I do my best to search through the crowd for them, but my eyes are narrow, almost slits, and my head is cloudy. Since I don't know Kevin or Reece's numbers and refuse to tell Ryan, I call Styles.

He answers on the third ring.

"I'm sorry for calling you, but I had no one else to call. And I'm in trouble and I don't know what else to do!"

"What sort of trouble are you in?"

"I'm at a rave. I went to the toilet. When I came out, everyone was leaving. I can't find my friends, and now the dark-haired guy from the club is here with his friends. They're following me. Could you come pick me up, please? I have no one else to call."

"Get your location up on your phone and send it to me."

As I look over my shoulder, I see them coming. "I just sent my location. Hurry, please."