Chapter 10 Don't panic

STYLES' POV

The waitress unloads 6 shots from the tray and sets them on the table. I wave my hand at her. "None for me."

Dwayne swipes two shot glasses for himself. "You don't have to tell me twice," he says, downing the first one. "Hot diggity dog, that sure as shit burnt. If Griff isn't back in five minutes, I'm taking that one as well."

"Don't be a jerk. Leave it alone." Trav snorts. "He's probably hittin on some bird."

"Good luck to him," Scott retorts. "He's doin better than me."

Dwayne slaps Scott's shoulder. "Mate, anyone can do better than you."

"Speaking of which, I might take a walk and see what I can find?" I say as I stand.

Trav nods. "Best of luck."

"It's about talent," I say, "and thankfully I've got some. Because Lucks for loser like you who sit around and wait for something to happen instead of making it happen."

Trav gives me the finger as I walk away laughing, giving a redhead a second glance as I weave my way through the thinning crowd. That's when I bump into Griff.

"Styles, you gotta check out this stunner in white. Absolute goddess, and I'm not even pissing in your boots." Griff scans the crowd. "Shit. I can't spot her through the crowd. You're taller than me. Look for a girl in a white dress and hair in a ponytail?"

"You want me to fuck her for you to," I say. "Show you how it's done."

Scott cranks his head. "Never mind, there she is. Right there." he points.

Through the dim lighting of the bar, I follow his direction, past a group of men, when I see a female in a tight white dress and hair in a ponytail. My eyes swell. Erin. He means Erin. She's talking to two older men. One of them touches her arm, and she's shaking her head, trying to edge away from them.

"You find her or what?"

"Yep, looking at her right now."

Griff laughs. "Gorgeous, huh? Makes the blonde I was just hittin on look like Marilyn Manson. Think I'll do a quick shot and go hit her up."

With my eyes still on Erin, I say, "Leave her alone."

"What? Why? My nut sack's hanging so low it looks like I'm carting around a lymphedema."

"I don't care. Find someone else."

"Why the hell should I?

"Because I know her. She's working for me."

Griff grins. "How the fuck can you work with her around... come on, mate, introduce me. I'll do the rest."

"Are you fucking listening? I said no. Not happening."

Erin passes us on her way to the bar. She doesn't notice me since she's staring at her phone. As she takes her place in the crowd of people waiting to get served, she crosses one foot over the other, showing off her nude platforms. My eyes zoom in on the group of guys watching her. They huddle together. No doubt deciding on who has the balls to approach her.

When a dark-haired guy steps away from the group and takes the few steps to Erin, I leave Griff standing there as I move through the crowd towards them. The tension in my body eases when he turns back to his laughing friends with a defeated shrug. I take the last couple of steps to her. She's gorgeous. My gut does a flip just looking at her. My eyes run over the tight white dress and the plunging neckline and the slight bulge of her breast—only a handful. Without a doubt, the hottest female in the club. "Hello, Miss Edberg."

Erin turns to face me. "Oh, hey!" Two big dimples fill her cheeks. "I wondered if I'd see you tonight."

"Well, here I am."

She nods. "Yes, so I see."

I tilt my head to the side and point my glass at her. "Now that is an impressive outfit. Was it deliberate, so you could drive the boys' crazy?"

She looks confused by my question, but smiles. "What boys."

"You'd be surprised. So, who you here with?"

"A few friends from uni. You?"

"Few of my mates. You interested in joining me for a drink."

Erin shrugs and smiles. God, she's breathtaking. "Sure. I'll just grab these drinks for my friend's and come find you?"

A few minutes later, I'm just taking a seat when I see Erin coming. She waves as she approaches, and I slap the table to get everyone's attention. "Listen up," I say. "I've got this girl named Erin joining me for a drink in less than 10 seconds, and if anyone gets any ideas about hooking up with her, I'll rip your balls out where you sit."

Erin arrives, and every head at our table turns to look at her. "Whoa, mumma." Dwayne's eyes swell before he pretends to zip his lips closed.

Erin pulls out the chair beside me and takes a seat, smiling at me and then to the other drooling male faces around the table. "Hi. I'm Erin."

The others nod and smile but no one's says a word.

"Yeah, I told them you were coming," I say getting her attention. "What are you drinking?" I ask.

"Well," she laughs, scrunching her nose, "Beer. Only because it's cheap."

"Beer. I'm not on a budget, Erin. Pick whatever you want."

She nibbles on her lip and then shrugs. "Ok, sex on the beach."

I look at her sideways with a smirk. "Are you propositioning me or you want a cocktail?"

She giggles. "I'll take the cocktail."

A few minutes later, Erin is sipping on her drink when a waitress stops at our table and places a cocktail down in front of her. "The cocktail was ordered and paid for by the dark-haired guy from that table over there," the waitress points to one of the tables closer to the dance floor. "He asked me to get you another of whatever you were drinking. So enjoy."

It's the same guy who tried to hit her up at the bar earlier. Erin waves her hand at the waitress. "No thank you. Just take it back and tell him I don't want it."

"No," I say. "Leave it."

Dwayne slaps his hand on the table. "Here we go."

I grab the drink and hold it in the air so the dark-haired guy can see me toss the drink over my shoulder.

"Hey," Dwayne frowns. "I could have had that.

"Don't cause any trouble, Styles." Scott adds.

"Fuck that," I say. "She doesn't want his drink. And I don't like his cocky approach when he can see she's sitting with me. If he has something to say, he can come say it."

Five guys get up from their seats and walk in our direction. Erin grabs my forearm. "They're coming. I don't wanna cause any trouble over a drink. What are you gunna do?"

"Don't worry about me," I say. "I can handle myself."

They stop at the table, but it's the dark-haired guy who steps forward and speaks. "You owe me $12.50 for that drink you just tossed over your shoulder."

I stay seated. "Not that you're getting it."

Erin stands. "I'll pay you." she opens her purse but I grab her hand. "Fuck that. You didn't ask for the drink. He gets nothing."

"No, it's ok," Erin says. "I'll pay him."

"Better still, why don't you let me get you another one," the dark-haired guy retorts.

"You better piss off before I show you what $12.50 amounts to." I tell him.

The dark-haired guys smirk. "Yeah, right?"

I stand and then reach inside the waistband of my shorts and pull out the handle of my black pistol.