Chapter 35 The other woman

ERIN'S POV

I wake in a fright after dreaming of Michael sending the footage of me dancing for him to Styles. But it wasn't just a dance, it was much more. I bury my head in my hands. What a mess this is. Just the thought of him telling  Styles is turning me into a nervous wreck, and I'm not even joking. To top it off, Natasha is now breathing her dragon breath all over me. I still can't get my head around her knowing I work at a strip club.

I wish I could believe that Styles cares about me, and what we have is real — regardless of what Natasha said — but between her and my Google search, I can't be sure. Now I'm inclined to think Natasha was trying to warn me about him since she has nothing to gain from it. I could be wrong, though, and God knows I've been wrong about so much.

None of that affects me as much as not knowing what is happening with Styles, though. For two days, I've wanted to call him and ask what's happening between us. Only I didn't because I'm scared and unsure of what he's heard. All I could think of is Michael sending him the footage of that lap dance.

How could one dance be turning my world upside down? Worst part is, I don't even know what Michael wants from me. I wish to god I knew. If I did, I could prepare myself. Only I'm not about to call him and find out. Nor am I going to sit back, wonder, and wait how this will end. Today is the day I tell Styles — everything.

After exiting the cab, I walk towards Styles' house. It looks quiet today, thank God. As I knock on the door, I think of the two messages he had sent me last night. I had fallen asleep early and didn't see them until I woke in the early hours of the morning. By which point it was too late to respond. I would have responded if I had seen them earlier in the evening. The last thing I want is him thinking I no longer want him, when he's all I want.

Thinking he didn't hear me knock on the door, I knock harder and louder.

What I need to tell him cannot be done through a message or a call: I need to do it in person. Which is why I'm here before 8 am and trying to catch him before he leaves for work? Maybe he's in the shower and can't hear me knocking?

Then I remember the spare key he had given me at the beach house. It wasn't an invitation to move in, but a way for me to gain access if he wasn't at home. After rummaging through my handbag, I find it at the bottom. I unlock the door and step inside. I'm not sure how comfortable I am about entering his house uninvited, though. He gave me the key for times such as this, but still, I feel like I'm intruding. As I slip my shoes off at the door, I notice a pair of black wedged heels. My heart jumps about in my chest. Unless Styles is a cross dresser with size seven feet, he has another woman inside.

Is this why he's kept his distance? Has he been with another woman? I don't want to believe it; however, I can't deny that he is a complicated man. And just as he has lovely qualities, one of his worst traits is his desire to sleep around. Which one website said he is notorious for. My mind races with images of him with somebody else.

Whoa!

Calm down.

Am I seriously about to let one website influence my thoughts in such a negative way? I can't even prove he's done anything wrong, yet I'm ready to assume the worst. Instead of jumping to conclusions, I should put some faith in him and stop worrying about his past. He told me he only wants me. And this could be innocent? Those shoes could belong to his sister. Therefore, I need to stop over reacting, play it cool, and make my arrival known.

"Hello, Styles." My voice carries down the long hall. "I let myself in. I hope that's ok?"

With a few seconds delay, his loud voice travels through the airy house, "I'm in the kitchen, Erin." His tone is unreadable.