Chapter 31 That's shady

STYLES' POV

Two hours later, Erin and I are at my father's beach house. We don't bother going inside the house; instead, we head for the beach. She strips down to a black bikini and runs into the water, and I follow behind in my shorts. Over the next thirty to forty minutes, we mess about and make out, until Erin freaks out, saying something hit her leg under water. The horrified look on her face has me tossing her over my shoulder and carrying her back to the towels.

No sooner are we on the towel, Erin is in my lap and pressing her lips to mine. "That was so sweet!"

"What was?" I ask.

"For protecting me back there. But you shouldn't have put my safety above yours."

I nod. "Cool. So next time you'll carry me."

Erin laughs as she squirts sun screen on her hand and then rubs it into her shoulders. She looks as flustered as I feel with her hair tangled and her lips red and swollen. "Can you do my back for me, Ashley?" She lays on the towel, face down, as I squirt the cream between her shoulder blades and start rubbing. By the time I've finished, I've rubbed every inch of her body except for what's under her bikini.

"Ok. I think you're done." She pulls herself up on one elbow. "Now it's my turn to do you."

I smirk. "You sure you're ready for that. Cause I know I am?"

"You're always ready," She giggles. She lowers herself onto my crutch, biting her lip and rubbing more than the cream into my skin as she grinds around in my lap, driving me insane.

"You're so tense."

"That's 'cause you're grinding on my dick!" Without a second thought, I pull her down to me, and flip her over on the towel so that she's now under me. "Where did you learn to do that?" I ask.

"What?"

"You know what you were doin, grinding around like that." I cup her breast. 

She shrugs. "No clue."

My eyes narrow  in on hers. "Really."

She giggles. "Of course. Main thing is you liked it."

"Clearly. "I run my hand down the curve of her waist. "You're so fucking gorgeous. I mean it. I only have to look at you and I'm hard. And I'm not even joking. But when you do that." I run my hand down to her butt and cup it in my hand. "You drive my dick crazy with want."

Erin giggles. "So I'll stop... last thing I wanna do is end up pregnant like the one of the girls' in my dorm."

I pull a face. "Lets not go there."

"You don't want kids?"

"I don't think about it. It's of no interest to me?"

Her finger twirls around the top of my hair. "You do want them one day, thought?"

I laugh. "No idea. What about you?"

"Yep. I want kids. Not that I plan on having one any time soon."

"Well of course, you'd have to be having sex for that to happen. And I'm sure you know how babies are made? And it's not from me putting my tongue in your mouth."

She rolls her eyes again. "I'm aware. And if you keep that up, we may never have sex--ever!"

I take her chin in my hands and kiss her mouth. "Your days are numbered."

Her eyes widen. "I'm serious."

"So am I. I'm nailin you sooner rather than later."

Erin bites her lip, doing her best to suppress the smile wanting to burst across her face. "Let's see what happens, huh."

ERIN'S POV

After an amazing day with Styles, he informed me he had to travel unexpectedly to Melbourne with his father the following morning. The through of not seeing him for the next three days saddened me, and he seemed just as disappointed; or, at least I thought as much, until he asked me not to tell anyone about us; nor did he want me posting anything on social media about us while he was away.

Not that I have any intentions of doing so. But I won't lie and say it didn't confuse me. I didn't let him know that; instead, I told him I have no intention of telling anyone about us since it's too soon. And I wasn't ready to change my relationship status on social media. Fact is, his resistance, or whatever it was, now has me wondering if there is another aim behind his request?

Regardless of what's happening with Styles, though, I can't ignore the other things that are also impacting my life.

Tuesday, Reece snubbed me on my way to class, and then sent me two nasty texts; I left him a voice message since he wouldn't answer my call: I said I was sorry if I hurt him. Then I called Tasha and told her I was no longer interested in renting the spare room in their new flat.

Wednesday morning, Reece bombarded me with more nasty messages, none of which I responded to.

Thursday, mum showed up in the afternoon for an overnight visit, so I stayed with her at her motel. Styles also returned to Sydney the same afternoon, wanting to know if I would have dinner with him. I said I couldn't because mum was here. He asked if we could do it Friday night instead; I told him I couldn't because I had other plans. I couldn't tell him I had agreed to cover two shifts at the club on Friday and Saturday night.

Friday, I gave in and told Simone about Styles and me. Not because the wall between our rooms is thin or it would be stupid not too. I told her because I was desperate to talk to someone about why Styles wants to keep our relationship on the down low. She thought it was shady, which had me doubting him even more.

When she told me his family is one of the wealthiest in the country, I was in shock. I wondered why he hadn't told me. Ok, I kind of understand why he's kept it to himself; he's no doubt scared of attracting gold diggers. Not that I care about his money. Anyway, Simone said I should do a google search on him and see if I still wanted to be with him afterwards. That's when I knew she already had. Whatever she saw must have been bad, because she didn't tell me I was overreacting.

Friday night, while on a break at work, I gave in and did a Google search on him. It surprised me to learn that his family owns a giant mining company and their fortune makes them the wealthiest in the country. I felt sad after reading it. It made me realize I know so little about him or his life.

Then I focused more on him. His personal life. It was loaded with articles and photos of him with different women, too many. I ignored the minor things and focused on the major stuff. As in him being a onetime drug addict. And his close association with Dwayne, who is the son of one of Sydney's biggest underworld figures. That's when I logged off the internet in shock. Besides not wanting to be misinformed about him, Styles deserves better than that. And most of all, he deserves a chance to tell me in his own time. Besides, how could I be so judgmental of what he's keeping from me, when I am doing the same thing to him.