Aftermath

I personally think that the chapter before this will always be my favorite chapter... 

I need your opinion. I am currently working on a science fiction story. I was wondering if I should post it on here or not or wait until I write more. I need your opinion. Comment what you think I should do below. Of course I'll still be working on this story! Also, I probably won't be updating for a little while. My penpal from Barcelona comes in like 10 days and I want to be focused completely on her and not on social media. Sorry!

Enjoy! -Alyssa

The next morning, I awoke with the bright sunshine in my eyes. The curtains in my bedroom were drawn and I was nestled in the white blankets on my bed. I stretched my hands over my head for a moment as I pressed my forehead into my pillow, a huge grin on my face. Memories of Ed's speech came flashing back into my mind. Thinking back to it, maybe the right thing would've been to tell him that his present couldn't involve me, that I needed to be happy without him. But I wanted nothing more than to have him back, as much as I hated to admit it. I patted my hand against the other side of the mattress, feeling for the warmth of Ed's body. But there was nothing. He was gone and I would be lying if I told you I wasn't expecting it. He must've changed his mind when we were sleeping and left when the moon was still out. I sighed, mentally slapping myself for expecting anything different. That's when I heard music coming from the kitchen. I stood up from my bed, wrapping my arms around my chest, I slowly walked to my kitchen. 

Ed was standing in front of my stove, flipping pancakes as he flipped through my cabinets gettting out plates and utensils. I chuckled to myself, pressing my forehead to the wall, and smiling from ear to ear. I leaned against the door frame and cleared my throat softly.

Ed looked up from his position behind the stove. He smiled and looked down at the plate of pancakes. "I made regular pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes and blueberry pancakes because I didn't know what you liked. I should've asked you what you wanted, what if you don't like pancakes?" He stopped, shaking his head as he turned the stove off. "I can pick something up for you to eat if you'd like. I'm sorry." He was rambling as if we'd never spent the night together. Then I realized, in his mind, this was the first night we had spent together. So I smiled and shook my head, picking up the plate of pancakes from the counter.

"I love pancakes!" I chimmed before bringing the plate to the table. Ed carried two plates and two glasses to the table while I took the orange juice out of the fridge and poured us each a cup. 

We both sat down at the table. I picked a pancake from the top of the stack and poured syrup over the top. I looked up at Ed, he was smiling. For once, I could look him in the eyes and wear a genuine smile on my lips. 

***

After breakfast, Ed decided he wanted to have a shower so I gave him some of the old clothes he left behind from the past. While he showered, I decided I was going to go out and buy a few things. Before leaving, I stood in my bedroom looking at myself in my mirror. I was wearing jeans, a white tee, sneakers, and Ed's plaid shirt was wrapped around my waist. I smiled to myself as I looked over at the box of photos next to my violin. I had been hoarding those memories and keeping them locked away for so long that seeing them made me feel nostalgic. It depressed me slightly that Ed couldn't share those memories with me but it wasn't his fault. And I knew instantly what I had to do. 

I pulled my purse onto my shoulder and took a piece of paper from my drawer. In my messy, slanted handwriting, I wrote-

I may not be very good with words but I just wanted to thank you for breakfast. I promise to try my very best to help you find what you are looking for in life. I am going out to the store. I'll be back very soon... Thank you Ed. -Alyssa xx