The Question

//hi everyone. It is Alyssa and I decided to update a bit earlier. Sorry this chapter is so short but the story is going to get more intense with a huge plot twist in a few chapters.//

It was the next afternoon. That morning, I had awaken and Ed was gone. He left a note and we went to breakfast again, laughing and smiling at jokes we told. We were now in a small art museum on the outskirts of town, looking at ancient art as well as modern masterpieces. There was Picaso as well as a starving artist that sculpted human bodies in a farm not far from the museum. The pieces were breathtaking, paintings looking more like photographs than intricate strokes of paint and sculputres looking more like real humans than molded clay.

Ed's hands were stuffed into the pockets of his orange hoodie and my hands were stuffed into my jean pockets. I was studying an oil painting of an old man looking into a river, his reflection is the younger version of him.

"That's so beautiful," I whispered quietly as Ed and I moved onto the next painting. He ran his fingers through his hair nervously as we walked down a long corridor. "You okay?" He seemed twitchy as if he were worried about something as he ran his long fingers through clumps of hair and returned his hands to his hoodie pockets.

"Can I ask you a question?" He said, his eyes looking anywhere except for me. His fingers knotted the soft fabric into tiny knots. I nodded, sweat pooling in the creases of my palms. "Umm..." Ed mumbled, looking at the floor and up at my face. "I really like you. You're so sweet and funny. You are beautiful and I was wondering... will you be my girlfriend?"

I felt butterflies hatching out of cocoons in my stomach, fluttering around and making me feel weird. My mind was cloudy, concentrated on the words that came out of Ed's  mouth. I was just a normal girl but he wanted me. A smile spread across my lips.

"I'd love to," I said.

A smile appeared in his pink lips and his cheeks turned red. He hugged me and I leaned my head on his shoulder, laughing at the strangeness that had invaded my world and morphed itself into my life.

Ed slipped his hand into mine and we walked down the long hallways of art. There was beauty all around. There was beauty in the brush strokes. There was beauty in the molded clay. There was beauty in the boy holding my hand. All I could see was pure beauty invading the art museum. All I could feel was pure beauty invading my life.

***

That night, Ed had another gig. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt as I sat in the front row. People filed into the room, an excited chatter filling the room as the group sat down in theie seats excitedly.

Ed shuffled out onto the stage, connected his guitar to the amp, and adjusted his microphone. "This song is for you," Ed said, looking at me from the side of his eye. Ed began to strum his guitar and he started to sing Give Me Love.

I smiled to myself, looking down at the ground. The audience was screaming wildly at the loud strumming of Ed's guitar, his voice echoing through the microphone.

"He's looking at you!" The girl next to me shouted excitedly, pointing at Ed and tapping my shoulder. I shook my head with laughter.

"Nah, he's looking at you." The girl screamed hysterically, waving her hands frantically, ttying to catch his eye. Ed winked at me and smiled, continuing his song.

I got up from my seat and made my way backstage. Harry and Niall were backstage, talking and joking. When Harry saw me, he introduced me to Niall and we all talked for a bit. After Harry and Niall left to get something to eat, I admired Ed from the side of the stage. I had never been happier.

If you enjoyed this chapter, vote/share. Leave your predictions below.