Paparazzi

|| Hi everyone. I know I am updating a bit earlier than I usually do. Consider this a thanksgiving gift. I hope you enjoy this chapter

-Alyssa xx||

Ed put my bags in the back of the car he had come in. I knew Ed did not drive much so I wasn't surprised when he sat down in the back seat with me while a driver made his way to the front seat. I looked out the window as the car pulled away from the airport and down the streets of Paris. Women walked down the streets, chatting to their friends in swift french.  Little cafes and bread shops dotted the streets of Paris.

"This place is beautiful," I sighed, turning my attention to Ed. He was looking over at me, a smile on his lips. "I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life!" The sky was clear, not a cloud in sight.

"Isn't it amazing?" he asked excitedly, peaking out the window at the beautiful country. His red hair appeared to glow under the magnificent sunlight. He looked over at me, looking as  excited as a kid in a candy shop.

We pulled up to a grand hotel. It was tall and towered over the buildings around it. It was named "Belle" which meant beautiful in french. The hotel lived up to its name because it was indeed beautiful. A few camera men stood at the doorway, undoubtedly waiting for Ed's arrival.

"Crap," he cursed under his breath, it was the first time I had seen him frustrated. "I'm sorry, I didn't know they would be here." He looked over at me apologetically,  shrugging his shoulders in defeat.

This was the life Ed had to live in, apologizing for things out of his control. He had to apologize for getting his privacy invaded. He had to apologize for tall men with cameras who pushed their way into his life without so much as a please. The thought made me sad for Ed. He didn't need to apologize. It wasn't his fault and I didn't care as long as I got to spend time with him.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured him, smiling at him. "Let's go." Ed told me he would have the hotel manager grab my luggage. Ed opened the door for me and I got out the car. A small bundle of paparazzi started to crowd around us, snapping photos of us left and right. Ed wrapped his hand around mine, pulling me closer to him to protect me from the loud, rough men with their flashing cameras. My hands tngled where Ed's fingers touched me. His fingers were soft and gentle and I thought back to his heavy strumming on his guitar. How were his fingers not rough and calloused?

I kept my head low, trying to avoid the bright lights of the cameras. As one photographer began to push me too rough, Ed squeezed my hand, his eyebrows furrowing in anger.

"Leave her alone," he shouted at the tall man with long brown hair. The man backed away from us. Ed and I made it into the hotel lobby. The floor was pure white marble, the furniture and front desk pure black, a striking contrast against the marble. There was gold decorations scattered through out the lobby and I felt as if I was in a castle instead of a hotel. Ed mentioned the luggage to the man at the front desk who nodded towards a security guard. Ed and I stepped into the elevator and he pressed number nine.

"I'm sorry about them," he said, his hand still holding mine, absentmindedly rubbing small circles on my palm.

"It isn't your fault," I replied. He had absolutely nothing to be sorry for. He had protected me from them and I appreciated him doing that. He smiled slightly,  running his other hand through his messy hair.

"So, I have to do an interview later today but I was wondering if you would want to hang out with me later tonight, the location is a secret," he asked. He seemed oddly nervous. He kept running his hand through his messy hair and I could tell that was his nervous habit.

"I'd love to," I answered. He looked relieved as the door opened to the ninth floor. Ed showed me my room and he went on his way to his interview as I prepared for the day.

My hotel was magnificent. The walls were painted the color of hot chocolate, white and brown furniture dotted the room like marshmallows. The bed was gigantic and placed in the center of the room. There was a balcony that overlooked the beautiful streets of Paris. I felt at home despite not understanding the people talking on the street below. There was a slight knock on the door and I skipped over to open it.

A tall man with dark skin and muddy brown eyes stood at the door with the luggage in his hand. I could tell he was security for Ed because he worn the same outfit as the other security on this floor- a black short sleeved shirt and black pants.

"Thank you very much," I stated as I took the bags from him, offering him a smile. He returned the smile and I pushed the luggage into my room, closing the door behind me. I decided not to unpack my bags, not wanting to have to repack them later. Instead, the put my bags in a corner of the room neatly on a table. It was time to start my adventures.

****

The streets of Paris were filled with people laughing and talking a language I didn't understand. I picked up my phone and pressed my earbuds into my ears. Give Me Love played in my ears and I smiled to myself as I roamed the streets of Paris. A woman had her hand intertwined with the hand of her boyfriend, looking at him with so much love and affection. He returned the look, kissing her cheek. This is what I imagined when I thought of this song. I thought of love and affection. I thought of a couple and although they faced struggles and obstacles, just like in the story books, love conquered all. There were fights and struggles but love prevailed. That is what the song meant to me. I knew I would probably never have such a strong, powerful love. That love exists in fairytales, in places undiscovered, in people with courage and bravery. I would never feel that type of love.

I found myself looking up at the eiffel tower, a sight to behold. It was grand and beautiful, larger than I had imagined on the flight. There was a fee of 1 Euro to enter the park so I handed the woman with long brown hair my money and entered the crowded grounds. People, mostly tourists speaking english or broken french, sat on blankets, eating lunch with family and friends.I settled down on the grass, leaning on a tree. I closed my eyes, breathing in the air and relaxing.

I stayed in the park for an hour or so, listening to the music and watching people pass by. I went back to the hotel, this time not facing the harassment from the paparazzi. I was just some ramdom girl, nothing important. I went up to my room, tired from the long plane ride. I laid down in the gigantic water bed, falling asleep quickly.

If you enjoyed, please vote!