Home is where the heart is

Enjoy...

---

Let's fast forward a bit in our love story. The next two months were wonderful, traveling the world without a care in the world. But Ed's mini tour around Europe was coming to a close and it was time to face reality, that my time with Ed was coming to an end.

***

"I don't want to go Simon. I have one more night with her," I heard Ed snap outside the hotel door. It was the last night we would have together before I had to go to New York and him to England. Our adventures in Europe were coming to a close. For the last few months, it was like a little piece of heaven nestled in my heart, an ever-present bundle of love in my stomach. We were now in Spain, resting in a homey little hotel after Ed's gig earlier in the day.

We had decided to stay in the room, watch tv, talk, and just enjoy our time together before my flight tomorrow morning. But Simon, Ed's manager, had other plans. Ed was booked for some club opening a few blocks down and Ed knew how I was in clubs ever since that night in France. Ed could go, in fact I wanted him to go. Ed loved his fans, they were his life. I didn't want to be the person to seperate him from them.

"Ed, you can see-" Simon started but Ed wasn't having it.

"God damn it," Ed sighed and I could just tell from his tone that he was frustrated. Whenever he got frusted, Ed's face would turn the color of his hair and his language was quite vulgar. "I said no. I'm not taking the shit today. I'm going to stay in with my girlfriend and that is it!" Ed walked inside, slamming the door shut behind him, making me flinch. I knew Ed would never hurt me but the loudness of the bang interrupted the silence that I was relaxing in before Simon came along.

Ed paced from the door to the bed side table. We had decided to share a room about a month ago. It was just easier for us both because we were always leaving things like combs and toothbrushes in each other's rooms and we constantly had to go back and forth looking for our stuff. Sharing rooms made it much easier. I placed the book I was reading down on the bedside table and tossed the blanket off of my body with a sigh.

"Ed, you can go to the club opening," I insisted. Ed was leaning over the sink in the small kitchen area, his shoulders tense. I stood on the tips of my toes and wrapped my arms around his waist, kissing his cheeks. Some of the tension in his shoulders relaxed but I could tell he was still frustrated. "I'll just chill out, listen to music, and read. Go have fun."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Ed turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my forehead. I could tell that all the anger that flooded him a moment ago was completely gone. "No. I want to hang out with you before you.... you know." Neither of us wanted to admit that this whirl wind adventure was coming to an end, that we would have to go back to facetime and phone calls for god knows how long. He sighed as I laid my head on his shoulder. To say the words out loud would be painful. I didn't want this to end.

Ed and I sat next to each other and put on the third Harry Potter movie but it was more background noise to our jokes and memories.

"Oh my god, you look like such a weirdo in this picture," I laughed, pointing at a picture of Ed in a bright pink wig. He's grinning from ear to ear in the picture. The picture was taken at a small bar in Australia. Some women had decided that the best way to get Ed's attention was to dress like a banana and wear a pink wig. Obviously, it worked because Ed stole her wig mid-concert and wore it the rest of the day.

"I remember this night... well vaguely," Ed said, pointing at a picture of Ed and Harry, standing on a set of tables, screaming karaoke into a microphone. This picture was taken in Australia as well and the two were out of their mind's drunk after a very successful gig. I chuckled as I slid the pictures away and looked at Ed. A smile was on his cheeks, his hair a mess. We had been together a month and we had not said that special "L" word yet. I didn't want to pressure Ed or make him feel trapped or confused. I knew that word meant a lot and it was not to be thrown around loosely. Ed looked me straight in the eye, a smile playing on his lips. "I love you."