Fighting Turns Into Crying and Screaming

You guys are pretty awesome. I said I would update when I got 850 reads and we got 869... Okay, I'll update again when we get to.... 940 reads or on Saturday, whichever comes first. Enjoy!

-Alyssa

Again, let's fastfoward in the story. Things in England were amazing. Ed and I spent so much time together. It was like a little piece of heaven was with us. But afterwards, Ed had to leave and start promoting his new cd, X (pronounced multiply), and I had to go back to New York.

That was three months ago at this point in the story and I had barely talked to Ed since then. He was always so busy with interviews and gigs that I had faded out of his life a bit. I wasn't complaining. I was very proud of Ed and his sudden rise in fame but things had gotten confusing. We talked on the phone every so often but it didn't feel the same. It never felt the same.

---

"Ed, you can go, I'll be fine," I reassured him. He was calling, a strange occurence, from Los Angeles. He was supposed to be finishing an interview but he wanted to call me.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later," he rushed before hanging up the phone.

There was no 'I love you', there was barely a goodbye. I sighed, shaking my head as I tossed my phone into my purse. There was a knock on my door so I stood up from my spot on the couch and trudged to the door. With a sigh, I opened the door. Behind it was a tall girl, skinny as a twig. Her hair was blonde and swung along her shoulders. She had lips the color of blood and was wearing a crop top and matching skirt.

"Taylor!" I shouted happily, smiling. She pulled me into a hug and she smelled like cinnamon and cookie dough. "Come in!" I completely forgot about Ed and how absent he had been, happy that I had someone to talk to.

She stepped into my apartment, a smile on her face as we sat down on the couch, across from each other. "I wanted to check up on you," she said, her voice a bit somber. She pushed a strand of her hair behind her ears and folded her legs on the sofa. I instantly knew something was wrong and I would have to brace myself.

"Why?" I asked. A dazed, confused feeling filled my mind and I felt drunk and confused inside. Did she know something I didn't? Had Ed said something? A million different thoughts filled my mind, clogging my mind and making me mad. I knew I was probably overreacting but I had a gut feeling that whatever Taylor was about to say wouldn't be very good.

Taylor had a confused look on her face as if I should know what she was talking about. She ran a thin finger down the hem of her skirt, smoothing it down. "You... and Ed.... broke up, right?" she stuttered, looking up at me with sad eyes. She scratched her arm absentmindedly as her gaze fell off of me.

The breath was knocked out of me and I felt my mouth open wide, unable to answer her. I stood up from my spot on the sofa, walked into the kitchen, and served two cups of orange juice. I took a deep breath and walked back into the kitchen.

"Um... no we aren't... as far as I know," I replied hesitantly. I handed Taylor her cup of juice and I took a long gulp from the glass. The cold liquid soothed me a bit but I was still in utter shock and confusion. What could have possibly made her think of such a thing? Had Ed told her he was breaking up  with me?

Taylor shook her head, gliding her fingers over her temples in a circular motion. I could tell from the expression on her face, twisted and confused, that she had truly believed we were broken up. She shook her head once more and an apologetic smile formed on her perfectly painted lips. She looked too perfect to be an actual person. "I'm so sorry... I just thought," she gibbered quickly. "I just.... the picture... I thought-" she shook her head from side to side, covering her mouth with an open hand.