Date night

{Everyone, i have decided to update early. My other account @demilovatofanfics has been hacked and the hacker is posing as me. Please, if you are following them, unfollow, report them, and try to warn people by commenting on their profile. They have blocked me and I am completely unable to access that account. I am beyond angry so... I might be taking a small break from wattpad. Enjoy this chapter...}

I was awoken at around six pm by a knock at the door. I rolled out of bed, wiping the sleep out of my eyes with balled fists. I walked to the door, yawning as I opened the door. There stood the same tanned security guard, the one with short brown hair and hazel eyes.

He offered me an apologetic smile as he realized he had just awoken me. "I'm sorry," he stated, shuffling from one foot to the next. "Mr. Sheeran called and told me to tell you to wear something pretty for your date night." I nodded as I closed the door, too tired to speak.

It hit me then and I froze. Date night? Was this a date? It couldn't be a date. Ed didn't like me like that... right? I was completely shocked. I dismissed my anxiety. The security guard used the wrong word. This couldn't be a date.

I already knew what outfit I was going to wear, one of the only outfits that would be considered "pretty." I picked out the black dress that was folded at the bottom of my duffel bag. I pulled it on and stood infront of the bathroom mirror. The black fabric hugged my curves and ended just above the knee. I looked classy but not like I was about to go to church but rather a party. I slipped on my red flats knowing heels would kill my feet. Next thing I had to focus on was my hair.

My hair was knotted, tangled from the tossing and turning of a dream-filled sleep. First, I ran a brush through my tangled locks. Once I was done, I straightened my hair quickly. Looking in the mirror I was satisfied. I actually looked pretty.

I didn't know when Ed was going to arrive. I fussed with my hair, making sure it laid flat on my shoulders. I adjusted the black cotton of my dress, making sure the neckline wasn't too low. I fussed with my red flats, making sure they wouldn't leave calluses even though I had broken these shoes in a long time ago. When I had run out of thing to distract myself with, my mind began to wander back to the worries I lingered on earlier.

Did Ed consider this a date or just a friendly evening out on the town? Sweat pooled in the creases of my palms, anxiety flooding my stomach like dark raindrops filling a cloud, ready to start pouring out and drenching the people below.

I was so focused on whether this was going to be a date or not that I barely heard the knock on the door. I checked myself over in the mirror, smiling at the beautiful stranger in the mirror.

I took a deep, sharp intake of breath as I opened the door. His tangerine hair was less messy, smoothed down slightly. He was wearing a white button down, a black tie, and black jeans. He looked handsome, I thought as I smiled widely.

"You ready?" He asked, smiling at me. I just nodded, too shy to speak all of a sudden. I slipped my room key in my clutch and closed the door behind me. Ed and I walked to the elevator in comfortable silence.

We stepped in the elevator and Ed peaked over at me. "You look beautiful," he announced, his cheeks a little red compared to the rest of his pale face.

"Thank you very much," I replied, hoping Ed wouldn't see the blood rush to my warm cheeks. The doors opened to the lobby and we walked out of the small elevator. We walked outside and we were bombarded with bright lights once again. Paparazzi swarmed around us like bees to honey. There was just enough room for us to pass through. Ed's hand intertwined his fingers with mine protectively. His fingers were warm and he lead the way, making sure there was enough room for me to walk through. The men with huge cameras spat questions but we kept our head low and I ignored them. I felt safe with Ed holding my hand in his. We got into the car and I was surprised to see Ed in the driver's seat. He switched the engine on and we began driving.