•A New Mission•

[Jutsu]
[Thought]
[𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days passed, since Y/N's birthday. Tsunade called both Shikamaru and Y/N to her office. The boys look at her.

Tsunade: We have a problem.
She says.
Y/N: What happened?
He asks.

Tsunade: Sasuke left the village, last night. Right now, no one knows where he is.
She says. Shock spreads on the boys' faces.
Y/N: No way...
He says.

Tsunade: I want you to go, and try to bring him back.
She says.
Shikamaru sighs.
Shikamaru: What a drag.
He says.

Y/N: Why did you ask for our help?
He asks, confused.
She smiled a little.
Tsunade: Because Shikamaru is a Churning, and you two are the cleverest boys I know.
She says.

Y/N blushed a little, much to Tsunade's amusement.
Shikamaru: What are we supposed to do? Sasuke is not the type to do what he's told.
He says, as Y/N nods in agreement.

Tsunade sighs.
Tsunade: Alright. Each of you can take two people on this mission. JUST TWO. You're free to choose whoever you want.
She said.

They nod.
Y/N: We'll do our best.
He says, as both him and Shikamaru rush outside.

Shikamaru: Have you thought about someone?
He asks. Y/N nods.
Y/N: Yeah. Let's meet at the gate.
He said, leaving Shikamaru.

10 minutes later, Y/N, Naruto and Neji reach Shikamaru at the gate, who's waiting for them with Kiba and Choji. They look at Y/N.

Shikamaru: You chose Naruto and Neji. That's a wise decision. Just as I expected.
He said.
Y/N: Do you read people's minds, now?
He asks jokingly, as Shikamaru sighs.

Choji: Are we ready?
He asks.
Shikamaru: We need a strategy.
He says. Shikamaru starts focusing, closing his eyes, while Y/N looks at his swords absent-mindedly.

Y/N: I trained really hard, these days. I created more techniques, and added them to the breathing styles. As for now, the Flame Breathing, the Water Breathing and the Thunder Breathing are complete. We still don't know why Sasuke left, or if someone raped him, but I hope this will be enough.
He thought.

Shikamaru: Ok, we'll do this way.
He said, interrupting Y/N's thoughs, and bringing him back to reality.

Shikamaru: Neji, Y/N, you'll be on the back. Neji, you will use your Byakugan to make sure no one's following us. As for Y/N, you'll use your Shirogan and your swords to protect us, in case we get attacked.
He says.

Neji: Sounds good to me.
He says, shrugging.
Y/N: I'll kick their butts.
Y/N said.

Shikamaru: Naruto, Choji, you'll be in the middle, with Naruto looking on the Left and Choji looking on the Right.
He said, as both Naruto and Choji nod.

Shikamaru: I'll be in front of you two, and Kiba will be in front of me. Together with Akamaru, they can use their enhanced senses to locate Sasuke.
He says, explaining the strategy.

Y/N was surprised.
Y/N: I can't believe it took just a few minutes for him to elaborate such a good strategy...
He thought.

Naruto: Let's do this!
He says. Suddenly, they hear someone running in their direction. When they turn around, they see Sakura, who looks at them with teary eyes.

Sakura: Guys, can I come too?
She asks.
Shikamaru: Sorry, Sakura, you can't. We're already 6, and if we bring another one along, we'll only get slowed down, and won't be able to reach Sasuke.
He said.

She looks down. Y/N had never saw her like that. It pained him, to see on of his best friends cry like that.

Sakura: Naruto... Y/N... Please... Bring Sasuke back.
She says, her voice now broken. Naruto gives her a thumbs up.

Naruto: I'll take him back!
He says with his usual smile. Sakura looks at Y/N.

Y/N: I promise you I'll bring him back.
He said. He wasn't smiling. He wasn't laughing. He was angry with Sasuke. Not because he was angry with him, but because of what he was doing to Sakura.

He was destroying her psychologically. She was really attached to him. They turn around, and leave.

It's been quite some time, since Y/N and the others left the village. Shikamaru was talking with Kiba, Choji and Naruto, while Y/N and Neji were silent.

Neji looks at Y/N for a brief moment, before turning away, his usually pale checks now pink in embarrassment. During the days following Y/N's birthday, he and Neji trained together.

They became really close friends. Although Neji was someone who didn't believe that a person could change his fate, they got along pretty well, and Y/N swore to himself that one day, he'll change Neji.

Naruto, was passing his days with Tsunade, and was hardly ever at home. Y/N felt lonely at first, but as days went by, he got used to it. They stop, and Y/N takes out his swords.

Neji: They're ahead, about 50m from here. They're resting.
He says.

Naruto: Is Sasuke there?
He asks.
Neji looks ahead.
Neji: He's inside some kind of barrel. Seems like he's sleeping.
He said.

Y/N: So? What's the plan?
Y/N asks. Shikamaru looks around for a bit, spotting metallic wires on the ground.

Shikamaru: Don't move carelessly. There are traps everywhere. We'll split in two groups. I, Y/N, and Neji will go ahead. You guys, follow us from the trees, and try to not let them see you.
He says.

Kiba: Alright...
He says, as both he and Akamaru jump on a nearby tree.
Naruto: Good Luck.
He says, as both he and Choji follow Kiba.

Y/N, Shikamaru and Neji hide in a bush.
Y/N: Looks like they haven't noticed us...
He thought.

But then, suddenly, one of them threw two explosive Kunai at the boys.
Y/N: Quick! Do something!
He desperately thought.

Then, everything starts to slow down. Y/N looks around.
Y/N: It's like that time back to the Chin exams...
He thought. Then, Kirito spoke.

Kirito: Are you waiting to get killed or something?!
He asks. Y/N shakes his head, and starts doing hand signs, as everything starts moving normally again.

Y/N: Fire Style: Great Fiery Dragon!
He says, as he generates a huge dragon made of flames.

It eats the Kunai, nullifying the explosion, while they get out of the bush, breathing heavily.

They look at the people in front of them. 3 men and a woman. They were dressed like Orochimaru, and one of them had 6 arms.

They all had the Sound Headband. Images of Dose falshed in front of Y/N's eyes, making him feel sick. He gulps, and grabs his swords, ready to fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1141 words.