•Departure•

[Jutsu]
[Thought]
[𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N laid there, unconscious. His entire body was full of bruises and cuts, due to the explosion, and he had some broken ribs.

His swords laid on the ground just beside him. Sasuke was back to his normal dorm. He was looking at Y/N, breathing heavily, noticing the tears in the boy's eyes.

His headband fell to the ground beside Y/N, as he coughs blood. He looks at Y/N.

Sasuke: It doesn't matter how. I'll get a brand new power, and I'll get it in my own way.
He said, jumping away, and leaving the valley.

A few minutes later, Kakashi finally arrives, and sees Y/N. He walks up to him. It was in that moment that he noticed Sasuke's headband on the ground, and sighed.

Kakashi: You did your best, Y/N. Even if he still got away, I'm proud of you.
He said.

He then grabbed the swords and the headbands, putting them on Y/N. Then, he lifts him up, and jumps away, going back to the village.

When Y/N opened his eyes, he found himself in a hospital bed. His entire body was covered in bandages, and was hurting like hell. He sat there, staring into nothingness, tightly clutching Sasuke's headband in his hands.

Y/N: I failed. Everyone put their trust in me, and I just failed.
He thought, as a few tears fell on the headband.

The door opened, and Y/N quickly wiped his tears away. Shikamaru and Naruto got in. Naruto sat on the bed, holding his hand.

Y/N: I'm sorry. I couldn't bring him back.
Was all he could say.
Naruto: It's ok, Y/N. At least everyone is safe.
He says, as Shikamaru nods in agreement.

Y/N: I'm glad to hear that. If someone had been in mortal danger I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.
He said.

Y/N: How is Neji? Is he ok?
He then asks.
Shikamaru: Yes. Shizune just finished healing him. He'll be fully recovered in a few days.
He says. Y/N nods slowly.

In that moment, the door opened again, and Tsunade got in, followed by Sakura.    Y/N looks at her, his heart pounding loudly in his chest.

Tsunade: They said you were badly injured, but to me, you look completely fine.
She said, smiling.
Y/N scoffed.

Y/N: Well, if being a mummy means I'm fine, then you're right.
He said, making Naruto and the others laugh. He laughed too. In that moment, the only thing they all needed was to laugh.

Y/N looked at Sakura.
Y/N: Sakura. I'm sorry.
He said. She looks at him, a bit taken aback. But then, she smiled at him.

Sakura: Don't be.
She said. But Y/N shook his head.
Y/N: I promised you I'd bring him back, and I will. That's a promise.
He said, clutching the headband tighter.

She smiled again.
Sakura: Thank you, Y/N.
She said.

It was now almost evening, and Naruto was still with Y/N. Y/N had just finished telling him what happened in the fight between him and Sasuke, when they heard a loud thud, that made the whole room shake.

Naruto opened the curtains, and they both saw Jiraya, standing on a toad. He smiled at them.

Jiraya: Yo.
He said, sitting on the window.
Naruto&Y/N: Pervy-sage?
They both said.

Jiraya: You look like a mummy, Y/N. You know, bandages are out of style.
He said jokingly, as Y/N sighed.

Jiraya: But I'm not here to make fun of you. I came here because, I chose you two to become my pupils. I'll train you for the next three years, so you'll be ready to face the Akatsuki.
He said.

Y/N: We can't.
He said, as Naruto nodded.
Naruto: We have to bring Sasuke back. Orochimaru might kill him.
He said.

Jiraya was astonished.
Jiraya: There are enemies stronger, way stronger than him! Forget about Sasuke. You don't have time to worry about anyone but yourselves! The Akatsuki will attack both of you in three years, and you will be in danger!
He yelled.

Naruto: I don't care. I'll create a new Jutsu, and I'll defeat the Akatsuki. And then, we'll take Sasuke back.
He said confidently.

Jiraya sighs.
Jiraya: If you train alone, you'll end up creating some other perverted Jutsu. Stupids are Stupids, but Idiots can change. Once you'll completely recover, come to me, so I'll starting training you, idiots!
He said.

Naruto&Y/N: Yeah!
They both said, smiling widely.

-Timeskip-

Quite some time has passed. Since Jiraya wasn't in the village, Naruto did many missions with different people, desperately trying to find some clue or lead to follow in order to find Sasuke.

Y/N, however, passed most of his time training alone in the forest, trying to learn new Jutsu.

But his mind kept thinking about Sasuke and Arima, and in the end, he learnt nothing.

But it was finally time. Jiraya was finally back in the village. Naruto and Y/N were packing their things in silence.

It was really awkward for Naruto, who had lived in the village all his life, and even for Y/N, who had already got used to his new life in the village.

They got out, and Y/N locked the door, pocketing the key. They walked towards the gate, where Jiraya was already waiting for them with a smile.

Naruto smiled back, running towards him, both of them now walking. Y/N suddenly stopped and turned around, giving a glance at the village.

Naruto and Jiraya looked at him.
Y/N: I'll be back soon.
He thought.

Naruto: Y/N! Are you coming or not?!
He yelled.
Y/N: Coming!
He yelled back, running towards them.

They walked out of the gate.
Y/N: This is it. It's time to get stronger. Sasuke, Arima... Just wait for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1000 words.