twelve

Alexithymia

(n.) the inability to express your feelings

☆☆☆☆

"Sister!?" the girl who looked around my age, shrieked

"You are Astrea?" She questioned, turning towards me.

I shyly nodded in response. 

You know when I am pretending. And you know when I am not.

"Astrea?" whispered a broken voice to my opposite. His eyes were glossy, filled with unshed tears. 

He had dark brown eyes, messy black hair and a structured face. He resembled Armani and from what I could guess, he was one of the softies. 

He got up from his chair and came next to me. 

Bending to my eye level, while I was sitting on the chair, he gently took my hands in his. It was oddly comforting, felt like home.

'No Astrea. You were hurt because of them.' I reminded myself and pushed the odd feeling aside, continuing with my act.

"Hi piccola." he whispered and gave me a smile.

"Hi." I replied and felt myself being crushed in a pair of strong arms before I could even breathe.

"I missed you so much." he murmured.

"Oh." I awkwardly said in his shirt.

His chest vibrated which a short chuckle and he pulled away from the hug to place a kiss on my forehead. 

Although I hate physical touch from others, I couldn't bring myself to feel uncomfortable with him. 

Suddenly, I was picked up from the chair and  crushed in another hug. 

I had no idea who he was. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his frame.

 I felt something wet on my shoulder. I realised he was crying. 

Okay. I have no idea what to do. 

Why could he be crying? Happy to see me?

I am not the best at comforting others. I slowly rubbed his back and initiated the conversation. 

"Hi." I said softly. 

Pulling back, he held me closer to him, as if stopping me from going anywhere. 

"Hi Tia" he smiled and kissed my forehead. 

"I'm so glad to have you back." he softly stated.

"Boys, take your seats, let's eat first." Francisco stated. 

They went back to their seats with a smile on their face. 

Dinner was lavish. 

Every dish was Italian. There was bruschetta, focaccia, risotto, lasagna, pasta, pizza, ravioli and tiramisu, panettone, cannoli, strawberry pie for dessert.