forty

My eyes fluttered open tiredly

My eyes fluttered open tiredly. I blinked to gain clarity in my vision. My throat felt dry. 

As I tried to speak but the hoarseness in my throat restricted me from uttering a word. 

I struggled to sit up because of the numerous wires attached to my hands. "Leo." I coughed out with extreme difficulty. My voice was scratchy and broken.

He turned to look at me and his eyes widened. Instantly, Luca's eyes landed on me. He rushed over to me and handed me a glass of water. With slight difficulty, I sipped into the water, the liquid refreshing the dry walls of my water. Water is the ultimate saviour.

"Thank god." Leo mumbled, coming out of his shock. He scooped me into a gentle but warm hug. I let myself relax in his comforting embrace. A drop landed on my shoulder. "Why are you crying, Lee?" I murmured, unable to speak any louder. 

"I thought something bad happened to you." He replied. I knew he was hiding the entire truth but I didn't push him further. 

I looked at Luca while my head rested on Lee's chest. His eyes held an unknown emotion. A sad smile appeared on his face as he saw our position. His focus directed on me and a hurt look crossed him, instantly vanishing with a faux smile.

The door pushed open and Oreste entered the room. He saw me awake and ran over to me. Splitting me and Lee apart, he gathered me into a gentle hug, careful of any harshness. I hadn't talked to him once since he introduced himself but something about his hug didn't make me want to pull away. He provided me with a sweet comfort that I was willing to accept. 

"You're awake." He smiled on my head. I patted his back and he broke out of the hug. 

Before I could speak, he excitedly ran outside and I heard him exclaim, "She's awake!" 

Instantly, I heard loud stomping and in a second, all of them were inside the infirmary. 

"Rea." Papa breathed out. I longed for his warmth. He was frozen on his place, not moving towards me. I winced as I tried to sit up straighter, snapping papa out of his shock. He rushed over to me and embraced me into his hold. He placed a kiss on my head and ran his fingers through my hair. 

He pulled away from me with glossy eyes and bent down to my level to kiss my head. 

"Little wolf." Raif croaked. Him and Pavel held each of my hands and stayed quiet, just observing me. This was their way of feeling me alive. Without a word, they slightly smiled and kissed my head. 

"Vanna." I breathed in his scent as he hugged me, this time just as tightly as I liked. "Don't do that again." He muttered. 

"Stop hogging her, you whore." Rian mumbled as he pushed Ivan away from me and sat next to me on the bed. "Scoot over." He instructed me and I agreed. "Finally, I have someone to finish my cookies with." He muttered and directed me into a gentle hug. "Of course, but won't you share them with Dora?" I teased him of the times he used to have a crush on Dora, the explorer. Oh he was a simp for her.

"No, you're better than Dora." He shook his head, making me crack a smile. 

We broke apart and my eyes scanned the people in the room. I pretended to ignore the expressions on the Ferraris faces. 

My eyes found his. "Azrael." I whispered in the silent air. He walked over to me and embraced me in his arms. I instantly melted into him. His cologne filled in through my nose, refreshing me awake.

I wanted to stay in his arms forever. 

"I knew nothing could ever happen to my Rosie." He whispered in my ear. "God, I missed you." He placed a kiss on my forehead. His lips stayed there, making me close my eyes. 

As he pulled away, he looked into my eyes. I lost myself in his blue eyes. The depth of his ocean orbs took my breath away. I missed him.

"Astrea." Fran's voice broke us away. His eyes were full of sorrow and confusion. 

He walked over to me, careful of our surroundings. With much apprehension, he asked, "Can I hug you?" I nodded slightly. 

He scooped me in his arms, providing me the same warmth as papa. Another thought clouded my mind, filling me with sadness. Will I have to choose between papa and him? 

Releasing a sigh, he held my face in his hands, observing me for any injuries, "We all love you princess." He said with utter confidence, trying to make me understand. 

"We all have some questions, Tia. But firstly, are you feeling any better?" Armani held my hand, furrowing his brows. 

"Yes. But, my shoulder is paining." I said. My shoulder hurt like hell. Fuck, what about the drug?

"Lee- I mean, Leo, what about Benzimoredil?" I asked him, confusedly. My nose scrunched up in confusion. 

"We were able to manage a cure Rea, but we don't know the extent of the drug. We will need a full check-up after two days." Leo informed me. 

"You need to rest for a few hours. Complete your sleep and then we will see everything later. Okay?" Luca smiled at me. I knew how the Ferraris must be feeling, left out in their own house. 

I nodded at him and smiled back. "You all need to leave right now. It's already 6 am, we will meet again at 12 pm." Leo informs them with a hard tone, leaving no room for argument. Reluctantly, they leave us alone.

"I will take you back to your room." Pavel suggested. My eyes dart to A and my heart yearned to be with him. "Do you want us to be with you?" Ivan asked worriedly.

"You all need to sleep. And I want to spend some time with A." I gently let them know, hoping they'd understand. 

Papa looked at me knowingly, understanding how much I missed him. "Have a good sleep, Rea. I am proud of you." He kissed my head and dragged all of them out of the infirmary, leaving me alone with Azrael. 

We locked eyes and stared into each other's souls for what felt like hours. 

"I missed you so much." I admitted in a low voice. My heart thundered in my chest as he hugged me again, nuzzling his face in my neck. 

"I am so confused right now." He said in my neck, making me smile at his childish voice. "But I am happy my Rosie is here with me." He kissed the side of my neck. His rough voice provided me with the warmth I longed.

I shivered as he scooped me bridal style. "I am taking you to your room." He looked down at me. Guiding his hand over my face, he brushed away my hair. His soft eyes observed my face and a gentle smile appeared on his mouth, making his left dimple visible. 

 Hi!

 Hi!

You all may want to kill me right now!

I am so sorry!!!!

But, I wrote this chapter in a rush, so it may not be good. I have been busy lately, and I couldn't spare any time to type the chapters.

Also, this book will have 30 to 40 chapters more, probably!

Love you all

~Nya