1.

"Told you I'd wake up to say I love you."

________________

It had been trial after trial for the last week, to sort out sentences and punishments.
Despite Han being 'innocent', as an unknown disease was the one who turned him violent, the court still decided he should be sentenced for creating the disease.

The same went for Hyunjin.
They were sentenced to community service, and where applicable they were fined.
Neither were being sent to jail at this point.

In order to avoid hysteria in the community, we issued out a fake story.
As a new criminal was arrested, to the public eye the charges were on him.
Just so everyone could finally be at ease.
We had to pay the family money to allow this to happen, and everything went back to normal.

As normal as it could be.
The detective team was now eight, and the funeral was within the next few days.
Seungmin still hadn't woken up, so the group was in shambles.

Myself, on the other hand, had been discharged a day after I woke up.
The backlash of my, technical suicide, caused my lungs to weaken.
I had become almost office bound at work, them not allowing me to do physical work.

This would last for a few months, I was sure.
My breath always was caught, and I had difficulty catching my breath after exercise.
But it was alright. I had my friends back to normal.

"Hello babe! I brought you coffee!" Hyunjin greeted, kissing me on the forehead as he entered the office.
"Thank you! Extra cream? How'd you know?" I chuckled, pulling him closer to me.

"We have a new case. Simple robbery. Can I go to the scene this once, please?" I asked.
Hyunjin shrugged. "You have to ask Bang Chan. You know he'll say no."
I frowned.
"Not if I beg him."
Standing up, I wandered over to his office, knocking quickly.

"Come in." He said, head facing down as he looked through papers.
I closed the door behind me quietly.
"Detective Chan! I was wondering, well, there's this new crime scene I want to check out- you know the recent robbery. I was wondering if you would let me go take a look?" I asked.
Bang Chan looked up at me, before sighing.
"Y/N, do you promise to not overexert yourself?" He asked.
I nodded. "Of course I won't Detective."

He sighed. "Permission granted. Print out a warrant, just in case. Take- which detectives are free?" He asked himself.
Hyunjin opened the door.
"I am Detective." He grinned.
Bang Chan rolled his eyes. "Lovebirds." He murmured. "Okay, take Hyunjin with you. See if you can find any new evidence. Although, most of it has already been discovered. Now go- oh and Y/N?" He asked, as I was about to close the door.

I poked my head back.
"Yeah?"

"On your way back, can you check on Seungmin?" He asked.
I nodded, smiling slightly. "That was my plan anyway."

With that me and Hyunjin left, hand in hand as we walked down to the garage.
Hyunjin hopped in the drivers seat, despite my countless protests, before I got in the passenger seat, and he drove off.
"Tell me what we're dealing with. It may just be a basic robbery but I need the details. This is my first time on the scene as well." Hyunjin asked whilst driving.

"Well, the robbery took place between the hours of two and three o'clock in the afternoon yesterday at a jewellery store. A bold move indeed. The suspect was caught on camera, and threatened the workers with a handhold pistol, by the known sound of him clicking it, it was loaded. The criminal at hand here, was a male presumably in his 20's, around 170 centimetres in height, so below average, and was seen to be wearing a grey surgical mask, along with black dress pants and a black hoodie." I explained.
When we pulled up outside the jewellers, you could see a crime had taken place.
"I had watched all the footage. You could see the man's eyes really well, it was creepy." I shuddered.
Hyunjin chuckled.

We walked inside, nodding to the officers who all stood around scattered.
Sliding on gloves, I looked along the display cabinets, walking behind.
I knelt down, noticing an earring that had been given a number marker.
A singular earring.

The design was simple, a silver leaf, but when you looked closer you could make out the thorn covered vines trapping it.
There was a single diamond at the end of it.
I looked at the shelf of earrings, and there was no other earring like this.

"Detective Y/N! Glad to see you back at work!" An officer said, bowing my way.
"I'm glad I'm back too." I smiled, before my smile faded.
This man's ears were pierced.

In one ear, there was just a hole, his earring clearly forgotten about.
But on the other ear, there was a leaf earring, wrapped in thorns and vines.
As well as a single diamond at its end.
Bingo.

"Say Officer.." My eyes trailed to his name badge. "Officer Choi, where were you between two and three yesterday?" I asked, stepping towards him.

"I was in my office at work. Why?" He asked.
"Well, you seem to have the exact same earring which is found as evidence. The other one at that." I said, eyeing him down.

I turned to one of the other officers.
"Officer Lee, arrest Mr Choi." I said.
That's when his eyes opened in panic, and he bolted.
I grimaced, knowing I would be scolded for what I was about to do, as I ran after him.
I heard Hyunjin yell, but I didn't care.

I jumped at the man, tackling him down onto the ground.

"Fucking bitch." He hissed, toppling over on top of me, grabbing my head and pushing it into the ground, repeatedly.
I was gasping for air at this point, my throat bubbling as I spluttered.

Hyunjin came from what seemed like nowhere, ripping the guy off of me, as pedestrians watched from the sidewalks and roads.
I couldn't even sit up as I breathed heavily, my chest aching, a heavy weight pushing down on me.
The other officer grabbed our man, and Hyunjin rushed over to me.

"For fuck sake Y/N, how am I going to explain this?" Hyunjin said, helping me sit up slowly.
"Can't.. breathe.." I managed to say, heart pounding in my ears as I tried to readjust my breath.
"Don't say anything, just focus on relaxing." Hyunjin whispered, kissing my cheek.
He rubbed his hand through my hair, and I winced.
Pulling his hand away, he found it spotted with red.

"The man.. whacked me into the ground.. rude bastard.." I whispered, placing my head against Hyunjins chest as he stood up, half carrying me up with him.

"We'll go back to the office and wrap you up." Hyunjin said, helping lead me in the direction of the car.

My breathing had finally evened out, and I shook my head.

"No, we need to go see Seungmin. I have a hunch he may be awake now." I said.
Hyunjin just sighed, clicking his tongue before smiling.

"Classic Y/N. Let's go check on our friend, yeah?"
So we left, a red stain in the concrete.

If only we had looked back, to see it melting into the ground, and down into the roots of society.
To disease the world.