4.

The coffin was empty, the fabric inside imprinted.
Someone was in there, but not anymore.
It was simply, empty

"But- I saw his body- how-" I stammered, countless thoughts flashing through my brain, as I tried to connect the dots.
"He told me anyone who was plagued was never truly dead." Seungmin said.
Hyunjin had his hand wrapped around my shoulder loosely, rubbing circles on my arm.

"It's because of our disease." Hyunjin mumbled.
I turned to him.
"What?" I asked.

Han stood forward as well.
"You see, well.. through our tests on lab rats, after they became too hostile, we put them down. A week later, they were back, alive and well. Like they had never been dead. I didn't assume it would be the same for Changbin, as there were so many things that had been changed, so many variables, it just wouldn't make sense." He explained, keeping his eyes down.

Bang Chan turned to the others, nodding at them to move out, and start a crime scene.
This was, technically, grave robbing, to anyone who wasn't aware of the situation.
Changbin's family was distraught and in tears, as Felix moved them back, talking to them gently.

"We will find him, okay? The Seoul police department will pay for everything, and take care of it all. Don't stress." He said gently, all with an awkward smile.
The others pushed the rest off the crowd away, all of Changbin's other friends, and family.
Jeongin made a radio call earlier, and before I knew it, police cars rocked up, taping off the area.
The funeral workers were taken into custody, under suspicion of robbing the coffin.

Meanwhile I waited anxiously as Bang Chan questioned them, Hyunjin, Han and Seungmin questioning people at the morgue, and all the others were at the funeral parlour.
I sat alone in the office, looking over all our available evidence.
It didn't match up.
He had an autopsy, and they had disconnected his brain, to examine it. His brain stem had been pulled from it's place, and even if he was alive, he wouldn't be able to manually breathe, and his heart wouldn't beat.

He would also be paralysed from the neck down, nothing moving, not even a finger tip.

Then it hit me.
The disease must have mutated.
But it was gone, and it didn't make any sense.
Unless... Unless it had happened just before we be-rid him of the disease.
But why hadn't he came back to us?
Wouldn't he run to us first?
We had been friends for years, so why would he avoid us all of a sudden.
There was a knock at the office door, so with a frustrated sigh, I went and opened it.

Only to be pulled into a chokehold, gasping for air as it went black.

"I'm sorry, I can't be seen here and this is the only way."

Bang Chan sat with the first worker, his brain working at a hundred miles an hour.

"Did you see anything, like out of the ordinary? Was his body warm, did it have pigment in his skin?" Bang Chan asked for the tenth time, as the worker shook his head.
"I told you, I don't know." The worker huffed.
His eyes betrayed him, Bang Chan observed,
They looked scared. Petrified.
Bang Chan lowered his posture, so he was eye level with the man who sat slumped over.
"Whatever you saw, we can fix it. Anything you can remember will be helpful. We won't charge you, and for the remaining of this investigation, you will be under surveillance, and heavily protected."

The man looked up.
"Protected from what? The undead?" The man joked dryly.
"If that is what it comes to, yes. Since you are one of the main witnesses, we need you alive and well. That, and it is our duty to keep everyone safe." Bang Chan explained.

"So, tell me everything."

"What do you mean he gained colour?" Han asked, half gritting his teeth.
The lady held her hands up defensively.
"I thought it was weird as well. Also, as they took him away, I noticed the incisions we made had fully healed. It was almost as if we had never done the autopsy." The lady explained.

Seungmin wrote it all down hastily, mind ticking.
He wasn't the only one deep in thought.
Hyunjin had been silent almost the whole time, fidgeting uncomfortably.
He then suddenly stood up.
"Why the hell did we leave Y/N alone. Han, think, if it is that goddamn plague, they're in trouble. I'm going." He hissed, leaving almost immediately.

Han turned to the lady.
"Thank you so much for the help. We will be in touch." He smiled, running off after Hyunjin.

Seungmin trailed behind, as they finally reached the car.

Hyunjin drove quickly, almost skipping a red light at one point, before finally making it back to the station.
But not quickly enough.

As they raced through to their main office, Hyunjin opened the door, looking around intently, his composure starting to falter, the panic evident in his posture as his breathing turned ragged.
"Y/N come on, stop messing around!" He yelled.
Seungmin tried to call them effortlessly, before their ringtone rang out.

As their phone lay alone on their desk.

Han grabbed Hyunjin.
"Hyunjin, it's going to be just fine. Calm down-"

"How the fuck can I calm down? My partner has been kidnapped by who the fuck knows, Changbin's probably gone insane, and this whole ordeal is a shit show me and you created because we thought we could solve a fucking vermin problem! This is all my fault, because I can't control myself!" Hyunijn yelled, tears sprinkling down his face.

"Maybe it is all our fault, but that doesn't mean we cant repent and fix it. At least this means you won't be charged with manslaughter anymore." Han joked lightly.
This only warnt him a glare, as he looked away.

Seungmin called Bang Chan up quickly

"Yeah what's up?"
"Y/N's gone missing. Our primary suspect is Seo Changbin."