21.

People were running. You could hear their footsteps from a mile away, the click-clacking of heavy heeled boots.
Guards were shooting, and it was now or never, Bang Chan decided.

So, with the use of his lock-pick still in his pocket, he snapped the lock open, and the five of them rushed out.

They had no idea what was going on, but it didn't matter.
The guards were distracted, and they could escape.

"You need to drill right here." Han pointed on his skull, thinking.
Was that it? It was hard to point out without a mirror.

The doctor hummed. "Right, you invented this thing, didn't you?"

"Yes, on accident. I have a cure that's almost ready, too. I just needed to add one of my coworkers antibodies to the mix, and it would be complete. But, Changbin is stopping me. It's like some creepy kind of control thing."

Stop talking. Why are you telling them this?

Han closed his eyes. "Just like that, he started talking again. He's weaker now, but it's still a risk. I want you to drill 3 inches back, and don't stop until I've blacked out."

The doctor nodded. There wasn't much of a loss in this scenario. The cure had already been made, but they just needed his help with the last part.

"Say, which coworker did you need?"

Han stayed silent, he knew what they were doing. If he told them, they would just kill him.

The doctor was getting impatient.

"It's someone who's infected, so if I were you, I'd behave on how much you plan on killing us off." Han grumbled, pulling the drill from the doctors hand, and shoving it into his own head.

Then, everything was clear again, and his own head was silent.

But then it was black.

Shit. He did something wrong.

Changbin was starting to feel again - he could see. No one was watching him.
He could see out of his servants eyes - all the strangers he had infected.
He started an uproar, sending one to come and rescue him.
They came rushing through the door rather soon, as they unlocked him and let him free.

Changbin practically dragged himself through the halls, as his zombies attacked the guards, distracting them as he hurriedly searched for Y/N's room.

I felt like I was going to throw up, but every time I heaved, nothing came up.
I couldn't unplug the drip in my arm, which was filled with some type of acid, or the tube taking my blood away from me.
So I sat and hung my head, trying to ignore the pounding and the ever-growing sick feeling in my stomach.

I heard the door push open, but I ignored it.

"Y/N!" Hyunjin exclaimed.

"Hyunjin?" I mumbled, glancing up as he came and removed my restraints, unplugging all the tubes.

Changbin had no idea what they had done to Y/N, but it was best not to correct them just yet - he wasn't Hyunjin, but that didn't matter.

"Come on, let's go!"

Han was in a white room - and there Changbin was.

All he could do was cry when he saw his brother, as Changbin smiled his way.

"Go save them, Ji. I know you can do it." He ushered, wandering over and pushing Jisung towards the door.

"I miss you. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, I'm a horrible, horrible person." Han cried, holding onto Changbin's shirt.

"I don't blame you. None of this is your fault, okay? Accidents happen. Just don't let anyone else die, okay?" Changbin said, pulling his younger off him.

Han stifled a laugh, smiling slightly.

"Yes, of course. I'll try my best."

When Han awoke, his head was still bleeding, as he felt for a pulse - almost nonexistent.
He had killed himself.

The doctor just scoffed.
But then he turned to his scientists, who were being attacked by many, many infected.

Han chuckled. "Ah now that would be Changbin orchestrating that. Or whatever's left of him, I don't know what you did."

The doctor pulled a gun from his pocket, aiming it at the door.

Han stood up.
"Newsflash, bullets don't work. Let me go, I need to get to my lab and finish the cure, and I need to take Bang Chan with me."

The doctor turned, confused.
"Bang Chan? He wasn't infected?"

Han laughed. "Oh he is. You know nothing about this disease, remember? Just leave it to me."

Han walked right past him, and out the door into a bunch of crazy people.

That's when he heard down the corridor, his friend screaming.

"Get off of me!" Hyunjin growled, his strength slowly returning as he fought at the restraints.
He had almost freed his hands, one of them however, as he swung it eagerly.

He scratched one of the scientists, as he saw them recoil.

As he was coming at Hyunjin with a gun, Hyunjin saw him fall backwards, same with the other one, as he tried desperately to turn his head and find the source.

"Oh come on Hyun, you weren't going to die like this were you? Let's go." He said, untying his restraints and helping his older brother up.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, but still muttered a small thank you.

"Alright, we'll get Y/N and head to the lab, okay?"

But when they got to the room labelled 'Y/N', it was empty.

Hyunjin felt his heart skip a beat, as his legs gave out on him.

"No, no, this can't be happening." He whispered.

But then Han remembered something, as he closed his eyes.

He could see Y/N was with Changbin, but where were they?

Ah, outside the precinct - how far had they gotten?

"They're at the old precinct. I infected myself with Y/N's blood before I let Changbin get to me. So now that I died, they can control me, and vice versa because I used to be in control, but besides that, let's go." Han explained, pulling Hyunjin with him as they escaped out the building, almost every guard dead.

This was bad, but that was the least of his worries.

When they got outside, Hyunjin stopped holding onto Han.

"I'll go to the precinct. You go to the lab."

Han nodded, as they split ways, both running.

Time was not on their side today.