14.

Han stood over my body, as blood pooled out of the wound in my head.
He walked to Changbin's room, staring through the bars.

"You killed them." Changbin pointed out.
Han just let out a laugh.
"Oh Changbin, just what did you learn in Science? I killed your connection to them. They'll wake up and be a free person. Infected, but free. How's that for your plan backfiring?" Han smiled.

Changbin laughed. "That's not possible."

"Oh Changbin, I created the disease, remember? I know practically everything." Han scoffed, pulling the door open, clutching onto the taser in his belt.

Changbin was glaring at him from behind the bars, but watching Han's every step as he locked the door behind him, opening the metal bars into the cell.

"You wanted to kill me. So do it." Han whispered. "Give me all you've got."

Hyunjin's head was quiet for once, as he finally lay back, running a hand through his hair.
One thought ran in his mind though.
What the hell was the second gunshot for?

He ran up to the window, staring out.

His heart started to pound in his chest, as he saw your unconscious body sprawled out on the floor, blood pooling out from the gash in your head.

Han was nowhere in sight, as Hyunjin banged on the door.

"Y/N! Can you hear me? Han Jisung get your ass out here right now and explain what you did to my partner!" He yelled, cursing as he hit the bars, pain riveting through the side of his hand.

He slumped down against the back of the door, listening for any sign of life to let him out.

But instead of noise coming from behind the door, it came from behind the wall next to him.

He inched closer, listening to the muffled voices.

"Give me all you've got." He heard Han say, but it echoed inside his own head at the same time.

He gripped his head, banging it against the wall helplessly.

"Get out of my head Changbin." He cursed, hitting against the wall hard one more time.
This time he saw stars, and then the black abyss following those specks of light.

There came the silence.

Changbin rushed forward, not before Han could pull out the black box, zapping Changbin instantly.
He fell to the floor in a stunned heap, as Han tucked the taser away again.

With one hand he pushed Changbin's head down, and with the other he rolled up Changbin's sleeve, exposing his arm.
Feeling quickly for a vein, he pulled a needle from his pocket, poking it into Changbin.

Out came black blood, thicker than usual, sucking slowly into the tube.

Once it was full, Han pushed the cap back on, standing up and leaving the cell.

"Thank you." Han said, nodding his head slightly before leaving the room, locking both doors.

Changbin was still his friend one day or another, after all.

When I woke up, my head was pounding.

I wasn't in the hallway anymore, and was instead in Han's apartment.
I realised this quite quickly, pulling the covers over myself.
He had pulled my coat off, and my boots, and removed my belt, nothing much; but I felt exposed.

He came wandering in with a warm towel, dropping it straight away to rush to me, a hand on my forehead.

"Alright, your fever has dropped. Y/N, what do you remember?"

"I remember... Changbin wanted me to kill you... and you shot my arm, it healed, then you shot me in the head and I blacked out- thanks for that." I half scoffed, raising an arm to my head.
Expecting to pull it away dry I winced, as I moved my hand away, one that was stained red.

I titled my head, as Han sighed.

"My theory was right. So, this is a virus that effects the brain, yes? What I shot was the left frontal lobe- this was how Changbin controlled you. That also impacted your healing abilities, hence the appearance of blood. But you're not cured, because it's still healing at quite a fast rate." Han explained, as I just nodded.

"Did you get everyone's blood?"

He nodded, humming a yes.

"I'll work on a cure tomorrow. You are free to stay here and sleep." Han said, turning to leave the room.

"Thank you." I smiled.
He turned and gave me a small grin.

"Ah, it's no problem. Although, that killer headache probably won't go away for awhile. Painkillers are in the left top drawer."

I fell asleep quite quickly, only awaking when I felt hot rays of sunlight on my skin.

Han let me borrow a shirt, and I had left extra lingerie here from ages ago - when me and Han would stay up nights on nights solving cases, so that wasn't a problem.

When we got to work, a crowd was surrounding Hyunjin's cell.

I turned to Han and he shrugged, so I pushed my way forward.

In the middle of the crowd was Hyunjin, drenched in sweat whilst shivering, lips a bad shade of blue.
He turned weakly to face me.

"Y/N.." He whispered.
I knelt in front of him, holding his face in my hands.

"Hyun, You're burning up." I whispered, holding a hand against his forehead.

"I... I know.." he whispered, lolling his head back.

I turned to Han, as he rushed off.

"Hyunjin we're going to get you to a hospital, alright?" I said, as he nodded tiredly.

The crowd dispersed as Bang Chan came in, him helping me Hyunjin out to the car.

He left it to me to get him to a doctor, and as we arrived they took him away almost instantly, leaving me a nervous wreck in the waiting room.

Hours later, a doctor let me see him.

They had knocked him out, as he lay a little less sweat-drenched than before, but still shivering, skin an odd shade of grey.

I held his hand, kissing the back gently.

"It'll be okay, love. I love you."

Changbin closed his eyes, as he rested his head back.

"It's go time, Hyunjin."