23.

Hyunjin was coughing as he watched Changbin rush over to your now-still body, the life having faded from your eyes.
He knew how this was meant to work.

If the heart couldn't heal, then you wouldn't wake up.

Changbin tried to pull it out, desperately, but the blade had impaled you through to the ground, and he was terrified.
What if he actually killed you? Then he would never hear from you again.

"Y/N, you're an idiot. Go back." Changbin said, as I sat next to him on the fully white couch, watching myself on his TV.
It seemed so peaceful here, so I shook my head.

"Changbin, have you ever thought what would happen to me and you if they found a cure? Would we be able to go back? Or would it kill us, because the undead aren't meant to survive?" I asked him, as he just shrugged.

"It's not something I have to worry about. I can't go back."

"Have you even tried? Or are you scared?" I asked, as he nodded.

"I don't want to become that monster. He's not me. I'm okay here, I can still see you guys for the time being. And then, when you get rid of him, I'm able to pass on." Changbin exclaimed, glancing at the stairway behind him.

"But why can't you just come back? We can clear your name, Changbin." I frowned, as he just shook his head, standing up to drag me with him - towards the door I had exited from before.

"Just so you know... Han is dead as well." Changbin said slowly, forcing a smile.

I glanced at him, confused. "What?"

"He visited me here. He died. He's like you and me. So, we'll have to see how the cure effects us. And worse case scenario, you guys come and join me in the afterlife, and we'll continue being detectives together there, yeah?" Changbin laughed, opening the door.

I hugged him quickly again.

"I miss you man."

"I miss you too. Now go, save the day hero!" He said, pushing me through.

I awoke with a jolt, sitting up, as I glanced down at my top.

It was stained with blood, but I was healing.

Changbin held me against him.
"You're an idiot. You can't die, remember? I made sure of that." He seethed, keeping the blood stained knife in his hand.
It had taken him ages to pull it out - he didn't understand why, you couldn't actually die.

Hyunjin was standing up, staggering around.
He looked like he was in a bad state, as I shook my head at him.
He ignored me.

"Changbin, let go of them." He grumbled, reaching on the nearby desk for something, anything.

He ended up holding onto a wooden stick - Han Jisung's beloved wooden stick.

"Why is that on your desk?" Detective Chan mused, as Han shrugged.
"It's my wizard pole. It helps me remain a genius, Hyung. So I'd like to keep it, if that's okay. It's not going to hurt anyone, it's sanded off! My dad made it for me - well, it used to be apart of a train set - the twin flag pole, actually, but the rest of it is long gone." Han explained, as Bang Chan sighed.

I came over and grabbed the stick from his hand.

"This could so be used in one of those cool vampire movies. Y'know, where the badass vampire snaps it in half and stakes the villain vampire? Yeah, that." I remarked, as he made grabby hands at me like a baby, as I pulled away laughing.

Han was flustered, as he stood up, and chased me around the precinct for it.

"Oh I remember that stupid stick. Pathetic. I'm not a vampire, dumbass, it won't do anything." Changbin scoffed, pulling me up with him.

"It'll buy us time, and that's all we need." Hyunjin said, whispering quietly to himself.

"Sorry Han, forgive me."

He held his foot on one end, snapping it upwards as the cane broke in half, the end jagged as Hyunjin came rushing at us.

I pushed Changbin towards him, as the wooden beam penetrated right through his side, he coughed, staggering backwards, and into me, as I pushed him aside, rushing to Hyunjin.

I grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the precinct.

But the emergency alarms started blaring, and as we got to the automatic doors they were locked shut, Changbin's laughter echoing through the halls.

"Oh my god, you must think I'm stupid! Firstly, you missed my heart, and secondly, I'm not going to let Y/N leave me. I'm going to break them until they become my puppet, like you once were Han's, Hyunjin, because I can't ever let Y/N leave my side. Not again. So try run all you want, but I will always follow you." Changbin called out, laughing maniacally afterwards, as Hyunjin scoffed, kicking at the door.

He cursed, rushing around to find something to throw through the glass, but there was almost nothing.

Han packed up the cure into a bunch of pellets, crushing it and mixing it into a liquid.

Then, he grabbed a bunch of syringes, and started to work.

He cured all the members who were with him first, even though the infection within them had died down.

Then he packed 5 for the road - one for the scientists to cure the rest of the citizens and make another antidote from, and 4 to cure him and Y/N, Hyunjin, and Changbin.

He was scared to do it on himself before he had cured Changbin - since he was dead, he was worried he would die again, and this time, stay dead.

They started heading to the precinct, but the sirens blaring set them all into alert, as Bang Chan reached for his gun.

"Changbin must have triggered it. There's only 2 ways this can be triggered, which is by calling the authorities, or by clicking the button under my desk. I had told him about it when I had become captain, in case anything had happened to me." Bang Chan seethed, shooting at the glass door.

I jumped back, pulling Hyunjin with me as the glass shattered, and piling in came our friends.

Han grinned at me.

"Y/N, I've done it, I've made our cure!"

"Ah, but what bad timing you all have!" Changbin laughed, wandering down the hall, holding two guns, one in each hand.

"Let's all die here together - ah, I hope the rest of you are weak so I can control you, because Y/N being uncontrollable is really beginning to piss me off." Changbin whined, before chuckling, and pointing his guns at us.

"Let's dance."