18.

When Bang Chan finally broke down the door, Lee Know helped him to shove Changbin back into the cell, Jeongin dragging Han away, by then it was too late.

Y/N was still, cold.

Hyunjin came bursting in, panting as two cops flanked behind him.

He shook them off, rushing to Y/N's side.

"No, no, baby, wake up, you can't die like this. Come on." He whispered, tears brimming at his eyes as he held their hand.
But it was still, no movement in it at all.

Hyunjin turned to look at Bang Chan, before his eyes darted to Changbin, a scowl appearing on his face.

He rushed against the bars.
"You. This is your fault." He spat, as Changbin merely shrugged.

"Han pushed the plunger on the syringe. Not me." Changbin said simply.
"You made him!"

Changbin shook his head. "I never forced my blood into him. This was his mishap in his lab. So, not my fault."

Bang Chan picked Y/N up gently, as he bit back at his tongue, hiding the tears.
He knew he had failed them. He couldn't fix this mistake. They were detectives, and their two scientists were down for the count.
This was getting out of their hands, and he couldn't do anything.

He would have to involve federal police and labs all around Korea, as it spread.
Ultimately, the whole of South Korea would have to be put on lockdown whilst they created an antibody.

But who knows how long that would take. A week, a month, a year?
At the end of it all, Han would have to be arrested, and placed in jail.
He created the disease, he spread it the first time, and that's why it spread again.
Since he wasn't able to perfect it and keep things dead.

Bang Chan placed Y/N down on a couch, massaging his temples, stressing quietly.

The other members came in, Lee Know scowling to himself.
"I saw something was up with Han. I should've stopped them from going in."

"It's not your fault, hyung." Seungmin reassured.

"What do we do when they wake up?" Felix asked, as Bang Chan sighed.

"I don't know. Won't it give Changbin full control over them?" He said, the other members looking unsure.

Hyunjin came wandering back in, walking over to Y/N's side.
Bang Chan tensed.

"Hyunjin." He warned, as he turned, looking at him with tear-filled eyes.

Bang Chan grabbed Hyunjin's shoulder.
"Look, mate, I know you want to be with them..." He started, but Hyunjin just scoffed.

"I know, I'm infected, and now that Han is down, no one can fix me. I get it. But I will be here when they wake up. I'm fine Hyung, you don't have to worry about me going crazy or anything." Hyunjin grumbled, as Bang Chan simply backed off.

He stayed in the room however as all the other left, watching Hyunjin as he held onto Y/N's hand, crying as he sat on the floor, beside them, refusing to squash them on the couch.

I blinked wearily, but then I jerked up, looking down at myself.
I was dressed in white.
Was I in heaven?

Actually, I hate white clothes. Scratch that, I'm in hell.

"Y/N?" A voice called out, as I turned, I felt myself about to cry,

There Changbin was, in the same ugly robe I was in, perched on a sofa in this white-based realm.

I ran over to him, pulling him into a hug.

"This is really you isn't it? We're dead, and this is heaven or whatever yeah? I've missed you so much man, you don't understand." I whispered, fighting back my tears.

He rubbed circles on my back, before he pulled me away to look me up and down.

"Why are you here?"

I bit at my tongue. "Ah, long story short I was poisoned. Killed by the key component of banana's. That's actually pretty sad."

I turned to look at the TV he had been seated in front of.
It was the inside of Changbin's cell.

"Have you been watching everything?" I asked, as he nodded.

"I figured being stuck here, I might as well know what my undead self is getting up to." He shrugged.

"Why can't you just go back?" I asked.

He smiled sadly.
"Y/N, what is there for me to go back to? I started the apocalypse. Not Han, I saw and learnt everything in here, and I'm not going to blame him. Even if I could go back, I wouldn't."

"What's stopping you?" I asked, sitting down beside him on the small couch.

"Science is what's stopping me, Y/N. My brain is running on broken nerves. If I go back, I won't be my old self." Changbin explained, as I just frowned.

"Well there has to be a way. Something we can do." I suggested.

Changbin shook his head. "I have to die to get rid of this disease. You can go back though, your door is just over there." He pointed.

"But Changbin... what stopped you the first time?"

"I would've just bled out again. I was angry then, and I left it too long. My brains rotted Y/N. Yours isn't. The longer you stay dead, the more likely it is you'll awaken a zombie like I did." Changbin said, standing up and pushing me towards the door.

"We miss you, Changbin." I said, turning and giving him a hug.

He just smiled gently.
"I know. But I'm always here, and I always will be. Also, I'm rooting for you and Hyunjin. Minus the murder and that, you make a good couple."

I chuckled slightly. "Thank you."

I then stepped through the door, and everything was bright.

Hyunjin looked down as he felt Y/N's hand twitch, leaning over, closer to their face.

"Y/N?"

I opened my eyes, looking into his groggily.

The red haze was gone, and my lungs no longer hurt with every breath, and I could twist my back without ripping out the now non-existing stitches.

For once in the last few months, I felt truly healthy again.

I was healed.

But at what cost did this happen?

I stood up, walking into Changbin's cell, Hyunjin following me.

I gripped at the bars, scowling at him as he just smiled in amusement.

"I will kill you. For Changbin."

He just laughed. "Oh my dear, he was nothing but a fake, a phoney. Your Changbin is gone, and killing me won't bring him back."

I reached for my gun, pulling at the safety.

"Oh really? Well, I know it will make me feel a hell of a lot better, so you better start reciting your prayers, because you'll be going straight down to hell, bastard."