20.

When I awoke, I was strapped to a chair, needles sucking my own blood out of my arm, and plenty of monitors surrounding me.

My vision was still in a haze as I tried to glance around, but my head had been strapped down as well.

"Y/N, are you okay?" I heard Changbin say in my head.
It sounded like Changbin, but I knew it wasn't.
It was the shell of who he was.

Everything was blurry and slow, as I closed my eyes and leant back against the chair.

I heard the door open.

"Y/N, Y/N, wake up." Hyunjin whispered, as my eyes shot open.

"Hyunjin?" I whispered, looking around.
All that was there was a doctor in front of me, pulling the cord out of my arm.

"He's in a seperate room. Tell me how you feel." The doctor asked, grabbing the temperature gun from the table beside me, and placing it against my forehead.

"Like shit." I mumbled back, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"You'll just feel woozy for a little bit. We need to run a wide variety of tests." The doctor explained, lifting my sleeves.

He then grabbed something out of his pocket, what I presumed was a recording device, as he spoke into it.

"Subject 004 has lost 2 litres of blood, and is still conscious but barely. No noticeable improvement. Similar to subject 001." He mumbled.

"Can I talk to Bang Chan. Please." I asked, forcing myself to stare the man straight in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, but you're infected and we can't risk it spreading further. We have over 100 people in custody because of people like you and Changbin." The doctor scoffed, turning to leave.

"They've suggested burning the lot of you. I really hope they do."

He left, and I was trapped again, with myself, so I closed my eyes and stared at the back of my eyelids, pushing back the tears that threatened to spill.

Han just sat in the glass room, a few monitors attached to him as doctors stared at him through the glass.
He could see all of them watching him intently, as his eyes darted around.
There was nothing in the room for him to kill himself with - well, that was metaphorical.
He needed to kill the part of him that was connected to Changbin, but how could he explain that without looking like more of a crazy person than he already was?

"You guys need to listen to me. I need a gun, a drill, something." Han croaked out, voice hoarse as he coughed lightly.
The drip that was dripping something into his arm was trying to sedate him; no, poison him.
There would be at least 100 people for them to experiment on, and he just happened to be the lucky one they plan to poison.

"Now why would you need that?" The doctor asked, whom Han had noticed kept leaving and coming back.

"I need to get rid of Changbin's voice in my head, and then I can finish making the cure. Without it, Seoul will crash and burn." Han explained, coughing again, this time blood coming up.

The doctor looked as if he was thinking, before he opened the door and came in, a medical drill in his hand.

He pulled the IV out, before looking at Han right in the eyes.

"Alright then, where do you need me to drill?"

Changbin couldn't feel or see a thing.
It was horribly dark, and even when his eyes were open, he could not see a thing.
He tried flexing his muscles, but nothing moved. He tried moving his hands, but nothing.
They had given him a muscle relaxant or something of the sorts, stopping him from moving.

He had tried to reach out to the others in a panic - his life was on the line and so was Y/N, and that went against everything he had died and been living for.

But he couldn't see out of their eyes either.

It was dark, and he was alone again.

All alone.

"We can't just leave them. This is wrong." Lee Know scoffed, as him and the rest of the squad sat inside a quarantine room, perched on mats with semi-eaten food trays in front of them.

"I know, but what can we do? I don't want to think about what's happening." Seungmin said, turning to stare out the barred window.
It was right against the building where their friends had been dragged.
The whole camp was silent, but every now and again you would hear a deafening scream.
That was the terrifying part.

Bang Chan came back into the room, letting out a shaky sigh.
"They have 103 infected, over half of which are already dead or now unresponsive." He said, bottom lip trembling.

The others knew he was on the verge of crying, which was fair enough - what's to say their friends aren't included in the body count?

"Have you asked if we can see the others? You know, our friends?" Jeongin asked, placing his untouched food tray down.

Bang Chan shook his head.
"No. They don't know if it's airborne - which is why we're separated from everyone else." He scoffed lightly, rolling his eyes.
"I have literally explained everything. I don't know what else they need."

"A cure." Lee Know said, his voice thick with irritation.
"Of which, Han was making. Fuck, maybe he had made it before he came to us. But we can't get to the lab, can we?"

"Says who?" Felix suggested, pulling his phone out, plugging in Han's lab.
He then smiled. "Ah, conveniently it's a 20 minute walk away."

"First things first, however. We have to escape this prison." Seungmin said, glancing at Bang Chan.

Bang Chan frowned. "You do know they'll shoot us, right?"

Jeongin laughed. "Man, who gives a fuck. The five of us barely makes up a squad, doesn't it? Might as well die trying then do nothing, right?"

Bang Chan smiled nervously, before laughing quietly too.
"Sure, yeah, let's give it a go."

"Subject 002 is unresponsive. Send him to the fires." An examiner declared, staring at the body in front of him, as the man stared back up, unable to raise his limbs.
But he wanted to, and he wanted to gouge the examiners eyes out with his bare hands.

"You bastard. I'm very much fucking alive." He scowled.

"Yeah, well, newsflash, I don't want you to be. Your precious Y/N will be joining you soon, Hyunjin." The examiner scoffed quietly, locking Hyunjin down onto the bed, as other scientists rolled him away, and to the incinerator.

From the building next door, they heard the screams.

Then like before, it was silent.