24.

Changbin rained bullets on us as we all split seperate ways throughout the precinct, except for Chan.

"Changbin." He said softly, as Changbin's attention was drawn to him.
He scoffed. "What, are you going to pity talk me out of all this? Tell me this isn't who I am? You guys made me this monster, you don't have anyone else to blame. Now, you can suffer the consequences of it."

Bang Chan just stepped forward slowly, ignoring the gun pointed at him.

"I know, Changbin, and I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry for being a terrible leader, and a terrible friend. I wish everything could've been different." Bang Chan smiled sadly.

Lee Know wandered up behind Changbin slowly, using Chan's talking was a distraction, before grabbing him from under his arms, and tackling him down.

He dropped both his guns as he yelled, kicking at Lee Know who just pushed him down, Jeongin rushing towards the noise and coming to hold down his legs.

"Let go of me! I hate all of you, all of you!" Changbin yelled, as Lee Know held down his arms, Jeongin on his legs as Han walked over, pulling a syringe from his bag.

"You don't mean that, Changbin. I'm going to bring you back, okay?" Han said, smiling sadly as he went to plunge the syringe into Changbin's neck, his heart thumping.

But Changbin broke free, grabbing the needle and turning it back on Han, injecting the substance.

Han froze, staggering backwards.
His heart was racing, his ears ringing, as Changbin dropped the needle, laughing.

"Oh of course, I get it now! I was the test subject for the cure, wasn't I? For us three undead ones? Ah, now I wonder what it's going to do to you!" Changbin laughed, as I raced over to Han, holding his hand.

He just looked at me, laughing darkly.

"You know, I already died once. I'm figuring all of this is karma for being such a shit person, you know? I really am an idiot, thinking I could kill a few assholes and get with you. That's not how it works." Han laughed, as his other hand reached up to his pulse, feeling it slow, as he choked.

Then Han fell straight into my chest, as I stroked his hair.

"It's okay Han, I forgive you. I love you." I whispered gently, as I felt him go limp in my arms, I tried my best not to fall to my knees and cry.

Instead, I turned a hateful stare at Changbin.

"I hate you." I seethed, as his expression dropped.

"Y/N, you say that all the time, you never mean it." Changbin said, as I shook my head.

"No, I mean it. With every bone and bit of blood in my body, I hate you. And I want you to be alone." I frowned, Hyunjin coming over to grab ahold of my shoulder, as I glanced up at him desperately, he took Han from my arms.

Lee Know came over as well, holding his friends hand, Bang Chan just turning away.

He had told the government about their issue. He was the reason his friends were taken away and tortured.

He was the reason Han was dead.

Changbin just laughed.

"Dear, you can't die. So I'll never be alone."

This time I laughed, reaching into Han's bag, and pulling out another needle.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, if I were you." I said, holding it against my arm.

Hyunjin wanted to hold me, but he was keeping Han up, so instead he stared at me in desperation.
I smiled sadly.

"Hyun, I wasn't meant to wake up again the first time, remember? So this time, I'll make sure I stay dead." I smiled, pushing the plunger as I felt the liquid seep into my veins, as Changbin knocked me down.

"No, no, Y/N, come on, you're such an idiot. You can't leave me here, I've done everything for you, more than that Han idiot, come on." Changbin said, as I scowled up at him, feeling myself choke, drowning in absolutely nothing.

"I hope you rot in hell, asshole." I said, closing my eyes.

Changbin let go of Y/N's body, his own trembling.

"No, no.." he whispered, going to perform CPR, as Hyunjin pulled him off you, tears in his eyes.

"They're gone, and it's all your fault." Hyunjin seethed, pushing him away, as he leant over his dead lover, holding their hand.

"You're an idiot, Y/N. A loveable one, luckily." Hyunjin chuckled darkly.

The rest of the detectives all hovered around the two, having moved Han and Y/N so they were together.

They didn't know what to do, and for once, Chan was at a loss for words, so he just let a tear roll down, and said nothing.

Changbin sat in the corner, head in his knees.

He saw another syringe poking from Han's bag, and with puffy eyes and nothing left in the world for him to hold onto, he grabbed it, and injected himself with the same poison you had.

"See you in hell, Y/N." He laughed, and collapsed alone, in the corner.

"Oh, look! Imposter Changbin, welcome to hell!"

"This is your cure. All of us have taken it. If someone has become undead with the virus in their system however, well, they're unlikely to wake up." Bang Chan explained, passing the sole vial of liquid to the President, as he immediately sent it off to the labs, to mass produce it.

"Detective Chan, just who can we thank for the cure? You're saving the whole of South Korea at this point, not just the few provinces that have been devastated." The President asked, as Bang Chan smiled sadly.

"You can thank and honour the sacrifices of Han Jisung, president sir. It's thanks to his genius that we have the cure, Sir." Bang Chan smiled proudly.

Hyunjin awoke drowsily, the cure having knocked him out temporarily.
Since he was properly infected, unlike the others, it wasn't just a quick stab and that was it.

He felt like he was hit by a train, but as he awoke, he knew he was alone with you and Han.

He had requested it be that way, and as soon as he could stand, he found his car keys, unlocked his car, and one by one moved you and Han inside.

His eyes fell back onto Changbin, as he lowered his head.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Hyung. But you can come with us, okay? Just because the real you is in their somewhere, and you're my best friend." Hyunjin said, picking Changbin up as well, and bringing him into the car.

"I'm not going to leave you all in the precinct, okay? I know you guys want to rest elsewhere.. you're not just going to die on me, not after fighting this so hard." Hyunjin laughed lightly, and driving through the abandoned city of Seoul, he stopped at a park.

You and Han would go here all the time as rookies. He knew this, because you told him all about it, and how every time you visited, it felt like a date.

"You two can be together in heaven, okay? I won't be mad, Han, you wanted them, and I'll let you win this once." Hyunjin said, moving both you and Han under a tree, before he sat on the other side, and closed his eyes.

He left Changbin in the car, too exhausted to stand any longer, his energy drained.

He was so tired.

"This can't be hell, it's way too light. In fact, why is everything white? Where's the fire and demons?"

"Oh, right, sorry, this is just going to be your hell, no one else's. For us, it's heaven."