12.

"Are you going to come in with me?" I asked.
Han shrugged. "I need you to see if he is himself first. Then I'll come in."

I just sighed as I opened the door.
Hyunjin looked at me with a small smile.

"It's me." He whispered.
I nodded. "I know, I can tell. We need a sample of your blood."
"What for?" He asked, as I saw his pupils shrink, as he reached a hand out for me.
I stood back, before sighing and reaching a hand forward.
He gripped it instantaneously.

"Just do it for me? Please?" I asked.
He nodded, as I glanced at the door.
Han saw me through the window, as he wandered in.
Hyunjin stood up in an instant, pulling me close to him.

"Don't step any closer, Han Jisung." He hissed.
I tried to push Hyunjin off, but he held his grip tighter.
His arm was around my neck now, as I tried to pull him off, gasping for air.

Han held his hands in front of him.
"Hyun, let Y/N go. You're choking them. I'm not here to hurt you."

"You're here to do exactly that." Hyunjin hissed. "Or control us, like you did before."

Han tilted his head, before his face paled.
"Changbin, get out of Hyunjin's head. This isn't how you protect Y/N."

Hyunjin's grip faltered, and I used this as an opportunity to push myself away, gripping onto the opposite wall as I gasped for air.

"Well, you figured me out. Being undead has given me better control over the others, unlike when you were in control." Hyunjin smirked.
Changbin said the exact same thing in another room, as a guard stared at him in confusion.

"Let Hyunjin go." Han growled again, pulling Y/N towards him, and towards the door.
"Let me and Y/N talk alone. No cameras, no bars, no handcuffs. Or-" He said, as Hyunjin draw a knife from his pocket, reaching it up to his neck.
Hyunjin's eyes were in a daze as he just stared ahead, reiterating the words Changbin spewed out from next door.
The knife touched the skin of his neck, as blood began to draw.

"I'll talk to you! Don't hurt him!" I called out, as I ran towards the bar, grabbing at Hyunjin's hand.
He smirked. "Great decision."

Hyunjin dropped the knife, before he blinked, looking around in confusion.
"Han? When did you get here?"
He then placed a hand to his neck, pulling away to find it splattered with red.

"What the fuck?"

I nodded at Han, as he nodded back, sending me out the room.

Han turned to Hyunjin.
"Changbin has full control of you- worse than when I could control you guys. He almost made you.. well.. kill yourself. I could only suggest things to you guys, but he is in full control." Han explained.
"How come he didn't go through with it then?" Hyunjin asked.
Han lowered his eyes.
"Y/N agreed to his deal."

"Which was?"

"He would be allowed to speak to her alone. No witness, no cameras, no handcuffs."

"Absolutely not." Hyunjin scowled.
"It was Y/N's decision to make, not yours." Han said slowly, before he stood up.
He went to leave, but then he turned around, pulling a needle from his bag.

"Let me get what I came here for first. Give me your arm."

"What did you want to talk about, Changbin?" I asked.
"Take off my handcuffs first." He frowned.
"No can do." I shrugged.
Changbin leaned forward in his seat, narrowing his eyes.
"I'll kill him."
I pulled my gun from my pocket, fiddling with it.
"As soon as you start controlling him, Han will burst through those doors, and I will put a bullet in your skull. Okay?" I smiled.

"But I'm your friend, Y/N." Changbin frowned.
I leaned closer to him.
"You're nothing but a hollow shell of the Changbin I used to know. Now spill. What the hell do you want?"

"I want you to run away with me." Changbin explained.
"Sorry, not happening." I scoffed.
He frowned, as I heard metal clink on his side of the table.

He stood up, dropping the handcuffs.
He placed his hands on the table, staring at me.
"Y/N, you will come with me, even if I have to use force."

"What are you, a police officer now? Look, Mr Seo, I am not interested." I responded simply, trying to stop my body from shaking, as he walked around the edge of the table.
He wrapped his hands around my neck, as he hugged me from behind.

"I was your first friend in the academy. Don't you remember?" He whispered.
"How do you remember that?" I whispered back.
"I'm still your Changbin.. please believe me." He whispered again, letting his head fall as a deadweight on my shoulder.

"I believe you. I believe you." I said, patting his shoulder.

Changbin smirked, as he pulled a knife from his back pocket, stabbing me in the side.
I staggered sideways on my chair, standing up and pushing myself away from him.
I placed my hand to my side, wincing as I placed pressure on the wound.
Changbin chuckled.
"You really fell for it? How pathetic."
He ran at me, knife in hand.
I thought he was going to stab me again, but then I felt his hand on my waist.
I looked down to see his bleeding hand making contact with my side, as I felt my face pale.

Red flashed in front of my eyes.

Changbin just smirked, running a finger along my chin.

"Now you can be my puppet, darling. Me and you will be leaving here soon, together." He whispered.
I felt my head pound as it went foggy, staggering back towards the door.
I pulled it open, locking it shut behind me as I rushed into the main detectives office.

No one was in there.
I was searching desperately, feeling my mind numb as the seconds ticked on.

I finally stumbled in on Seungmin and Felix, breathing heavily.
Seungmin came rushing over to me.
"Are you bleeding? Is everything okay?" He asked.

I shook my head.
"I think, I-" I started, but I felt my voice get stuck in my throat.

Stay quiet darling. It's our little secret.

Seungmin waited for an answer, as I shook my head.

"It's Hyunjin's blood. Little accident with the needle. I'm fine."

Internally, I was screaming for help.