7.

The scene was horrific, as smoke curled into the air like snakes.
I breathed through my teeth. It was like the day at the petrol station, except when that happened, they were all after me.

The front of the car was in flames, and it was stretching to the back.
As Bang Chan pulled over, I hobbled out as quickly as I could.
Lee Know followed me, pushing me back.

"I'll go get him. You stay here." He said, giving me a nod as he ran towards the fire, covering his face with one sleeved arm as he coughed, pulling the door open.
Blood was slipping down Felix's head, as he sat unconscious from the impact.
Changbin was nowhere to be seen. He must have already ran for it, which made sense.
He would be back though, and soon. That was a known certainty.

Bang Chan ran to Lee Know, helping him pull Felix out the burning car, and towards their own.

He spluttered slightly, as he opened his eyes.
"He, he." Felix whispered, before he started coughing.
"Lix, it's okay." I said. "We'll find him later. Let's get you help."
I hissed as I stepped, blood drooling from my side myself.

We arrived at the hospital shortly without complications, and since I had almost lost consciousness over three times, they took me away straight away to stitch me up.

What Changbin had said confused me. All seven of them watched him die.
Who dealt the blow, however? They all seemed to have amnesia of the night, but I'm sure one of them remembered something.

So when I was out of surgery, I called Han, the epicentre of it all.

"Can you come? You're not in trouble, no. I just want to talk to you about something."

"You want to know what happened that night?" He asked, forehead creasing.
"If you don't mind telling me. I'm trying to piece this all together." I sighed. "Like as to why he's like this."

"It is a mystery. Although, our lab rats always came back to life after mere minutes. Since Changbin is human, it probably took some time for the brain to rewire itself. He had an autopsy, and apparently his whole brain was taken out, so that would have affected the healing time." Han rambled on.
"I know, I cut it out." I said bluntly. "But that night?"

He let out a sigh.
"It was horrible, really. I still feel so shit about it all. Hyunjin had sent me the address, and I had him set the trap." He started, looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I want you to run the shower and pretend you're in there, then drag Changbin outside. You told me he was getting too close to Y/N. We don't want that, do we?" Han chuckled.
Hyunjin shook his head. "No... we don't."
"Good. We'll kill him off tonight. Let's leave a message in his filthy skin."

Hyunjin was a nervous wreck that whole night, and as he watched you roll over in bed, he turned the shower on, and went downstairs.
He had told Changbin to meet him in the living room earlier that day, just him.

It was just him, but Hyunjin was aware of Han waiting outside, watching from the outside.

"Hyunjin, what's going on?" Changbin asked.
"I'm so sorry, Changbin." Hyunjin sighed, stepping forward, knife in hand.

"Hyunjin, what are you doing?" He asked, standing up and stepping backwards.
Hyunjin felt his head fog up, as his reasoning disappeared.

"You're getting in the way of me and Y/N." He said, but he didn't know why.
He felt like a puppet, attached to the ringmasters strings, as he slashed forward.
That's when he heard you come downstairs.

"Changbin's not feeling well." He grunted.
As you came down, he hissed, running up behind you, and knocking you out.
The whole time he felt controlled, not himself.

As he dragged Changbin outside, Han took over, grabbing the knife.

"Good." He grinned, as he began writing into his flesh.

The other members of the detective squad all came out, the same clouded look on their face that Hyunjin had.

"I'm sorry mate." Bang Chan whispered, a tear trickling down his cheek as he stabbed into Changbin's chest, as he convulsed, spitting out blood.

"Y/N..." Changbin whispered, as his eyes glossed over.
They all watched, mutilating Changbin over and over, until he was a blood covered corpse.

Han just grinned like a maniac.
"Perfect. If any of you step out of line, that'll be you next."

"I remembered as I walked off, it was like I switched something in my brain as they dispersed. I was the first infected, yeah? I think I had some form of, control. Other than me blackmailing Hyunjin, I was able to control the others memory's. That's why they thought I was dead. I was a horrible, horrible person." Han whispered.

"So you all, like, took turns stabbing him?" I asked.

He just let out a sigh, as he nodded.
"I was the one who antagonised the attack, but yeah. As for why Changbin is like this, I have an idea. Do you mind if we go back to my lab, and I have a sample of your blood?" Han asked.

"Why do you need mine?"

"You were the least affected, meaning it's most likely your body just learned to live with the virus. I can harvest it from your blood. I'll show you with my lab rats what I mean. It's easier to explain Changbin's condition that way. But just so you know, that isn't Changbin anymore." He sighed.

"It's a walking corpse with one desire. That just so happens to be protecting you."

Changbin was furious, as he kicked things around the small room.
"Not only did you hurt them twice, you let them all know you're alive. Now the police want to get in the way of you and Y/N. Can't they see that the police are the bad guys here? I mean, fuck, that Hyunjin guy was the reason I died!" He yelled, breathing out in anger.
He looked at his phone, which was smashed in, at the photo he had of you as his background.

"I swear I will save you from the monsters, Y/N. I will save you from him."