Chapter 1: New Life

The move had been quick, Stacey hadn't grabbed too many things before she left, there wasn't much to take anyway. She loved her parents dearly, but she couldn't be with them any longer. She had worked long and hard and earned enough money to get to where she was now.

'Hello new home'.

She mumbled as she pulled her suitcases into the living room, that place was neither big nor small. It was only her living area so the space didn't matter at all.
She ignored the bags and went to put on the kettle, hoping that it would work, she hadn't had a tea in quite some time.
Suddenly her phone went off and she looked at the screen to see that it was her mother.

'Mum, I'm here'.

'You said you would call when you get there'.

Stacey rolled her eyes, 'mum I just got here', she heard her mum laugh, 'I'm just messing with you Stacey, have you had a look around yet?'

'No, not yet, just making myself a drink before I do all of that, I'm rather tired'.

'I'd imagine, I'm proud of you Stacey'.

'Thank you mum'.

'How about we talk later in the evening you know? When you're settled in?'

Stacey silently sighed in relief, 'yeah sure mum, sounds like a good idea, love you', she hung up quickly and took the kettle off before it was even finished in order to make her tea.
This area was quite differnet to where she use to live, she liked her privacy, sure she had neighbours but there wouldn't be a shadow of doubt that she would have anything to do with them. She was only at the ripe age of 24 and she was yet to see the world, so keeping to herself and going to places that she wanted to go to was a must for her.

Stacey sipped the fairly hot tea and moved over to the window that looked out into the front of the house, the movers had long since left.

It's so peaceful here.

She thought to herself, there's no chance of her being disturbed, if she wanted to make friends, she'd just have to go out and find some'.

'Easy as cake'.

She said out aloud before taking another sip, nearly burning her tongue in the process.