Chapter 23: The Continental

Voices.

Everything is dark.

Where was she?

'Don't be afraid'.

She heard a gentle voice, and she slowly opened her eyes to see an older man looking down at her.

'What the hell is happening?'

Stacey tried to sit up but instantly regretted it as sharp pain cut through her temples.

'There's no need to be afraid'.

The man spoke again and Stacey examined him, his face was creased with lines of age and his hair was slicked back.

'Stacey?'

The man suddenly said and everything came back to her... Well, everything before she blacked out, 'uh... Who're you?' She asked slowly, she didn't want to sound harsh, after all that she's been through? He could be an enemy. The man smiled gently, 'Marcus'.

'Just... Marcus? Should I know you?'

The man chuckled softly, 'you don't seem to tense, I'd say you've already gone through a lot'.

A lot?

'I'm sorry... Do you know me? Or-'.

'I know John... I was his mentor'.

Stacey bolted upright, 'wait... So you- oh god, I wanted to get away from all this not-', Marcus put his hand up to stop her, 'you're safe, you're at a place called the Continental'.

The Continental... Oh!

'John told me about this place and-'.

She shut her mouth quickly but Marcus waved her off, 'he was bound to tell you', he got up from where he was sitting, 'I'm guess the next question is how did you get here?'

'You read my mind'.

Marcus made his way over to the window, his hands folded behind his back, 'I've been keeping a sharp on John, and yes, I saw when you moved in and how he started to open up to you', he looked back at her, 'you brought him out of his shell, and I'm glad you did... Though that made it dangerous and I think you know that all by now?'

Stacey nodded, not liking where he was going, 'I followed you wherever you went, you were at Sofia's I know and you had been under att-'.

'If you saw all of it, why the hell didn't you do something about it!?'

Stacey couldn't believe what she was hearing, this man was John's Mentor and he watched all of this happen without even lifting a finger?
Marcus shook his head, 'I couldn't do anything, but last night, Sofia had contacted me and-'.

'Wait I- sorry for inturrupting- she contacted me, I thought she didn't want me to go?'

Marcus chuckled, 'she made it seem so, but she knew that you were in danger, which made John in danger, so she wanted me to take you and keep you safe'.
Stacey understood completley but the only person who might not understand this, would be John himself.

'He's gonna kill us'.

Stacey said and Marcus laughed, 'he'd have to drag the both of us out of here first'.