Chapter 9: What The Hell Happened That Night?

Her mind would flick over to what John was doing, and if he was alright, but she ended up kicking herself a few time.

Remember how you treated you back then?

It had been a few days since that "incident", that Stacey had avoided the man, trying her best to make sure that they didn't cross paths.
Of course, she kept the moment to herself, there was no way that she was telling Diana and her friends, they didn't need to know anything. She met them as much as she could, trying her best to get her mind off of everything that had happened.

Of course, there was that one fateful day where Stacey sees John as he comes out of his house and heads to his mailbox. She's quick to head back into the house, hoping that he didn't see her.
She gently pushed the curtain from the front window aside, by just a little though. She didn't want to make it obvious that she was keeping and eye out.
John was looking through his mail before he suddenly looked up to her house. He seemed hesitant and she could see that he was going to make the journey to hers, but he seemed to hold himself back.

Good, I wouldn't be answering the door to your anyway, you asshole.

Stacey couldn't believe that he look so different now, last night he was aggressive and snarky, but look at him now, he looked like everything hadn't happened, and it annoyed Stacey.

'Fuck you'.

She mumbled before closing the curtain and flicking on the tv, but she kept the volume low just in case he did come up to see her.
Her car was gone to get repainted which was good because he wouldn't know if she was home of not.
Stacey's eyes flicked down to her hands, they were once stained with red, and her nightgown... She ended up throwing it away, the blood was too much, and even if she did get it out, it would remind her too much of what happened.
She wanted to know more about John Wick though, why the hell had he come home all battered and bruised? Was it because he lost a bet or didn't pay something on time? She wouldn't know until she asked... Ah yeah, fat chance...
She hadn't seen anyone come and go from his house, which suggests that there was no loved ones... Was he really that alone? 
Stacey couldn't help but feel bad and wondered what would have happened if she wasn't there to help him... Would he'd have made it inside? 

Stacey closed her eyes for a few moments, I'll have to find out what's going on later.