Chapter 28: Recover The Broken Pieces

John had joined Stacey on the bed eventually, but he hadn't said a word and Stacey wasn't fussed over it. She was more worried about herself. She didn't hate him... What he did to her, she liked it at first but it got out of hand.
John's actions were of his own, and she could tell that he'd stuffed up.

'How're you feeling?'

She asked and John looks at her incredulously, 'I just-I hurt you and you're asking if I'm okay?'
Stacey shrugged, 'I'll recover... But you're still hurt, I can tell'.
John goes to say something but nothing comes out, so instead he  swivels his body around so that he can properly look at Stacey

'I'm fine Stacey'.

He hesitates.

'Thank you for asking'.

She wants to say it again, that she's sorry, because she really was and she could imagine the absolute fear and panic she had caused him to experience, it wasn't fair.
She looked John straight in the eyes and he shook his head, 'I know, I know you're sorry and I forgive you'.
His voice was gentle and she smiled as he touched her cheek gently, 'you thirsty?' He suddenly asked and Stacey nodded slowly, 'my mouth is so dry', she chuckled and she watched as he slid off the bed and made his way over to the mini bar.

Just as she sat up, the window shattered and Stacey felt something hot whizzed past her back. The pillow next to her exploded, she knew what just happened.

'Get down!'

John had yelled out and Stacey didn't hesitate, she ignored the pain she was currently going through. Someone was trying to kill her... Or him, they could be shooting at either one of them.

'Quick, get to the door!'

He pulled her towards the entrance, pulling the door open and shoving Stacey through. He helped her up onto her feet and pulled her along with him

'I have to alert Winston'.

'Who the hell is that?'

John doesn't say anything, 'I need to keep you safe'.

'Do you know that-'.

'Yeah, I do, which is why I need you to be safe'.

Stacey had put the pieces together, 'it's that man isn't it? The one who's henchmen had sent?' She knew that she was right when John faltered.

John won't ever be safe until this man is killed.

She held onto John's hand tightly, feeling the tension in the mans fingers, he was worried.
If he hadn't met her, then he wouldn't be like this for sure, but there was no turning back, not after what they both went through.

'Where will I go? There really isn't any place for-'.

'I'm taking you to Winston'.