Chapter 22: Abandoned

Stacey waited until John had gone to sleep, the day had gone by quickly to the point that it was getting dark, Stacey knew she had to be very quiet, John could easily hear a pin drop. But he looked rather exhausted before he said his goodnights.
She had quickly changed and tried her best to dry the last of the blood before making her way downstairs.
Sofia hadn't fallen asleep though and Stacey had a feeling that the woman was just as good as John, so she took her shoes off, walking in her socks. She passed the kitchen where she saw Sofia with her back turned to her.
Stacey managed to get to the door and sighed in relief when she saw that it was slightly ajar, they had failed to close the door behind them. She managed to open the door and slip through. Sofia's house wasn't too far from the other civilians which was a relief. So finding someone for help would be easy.

The darker it grew, the more nervous Stacey began to be, she wasn't use to being outside alone, and being a woman... That was a bad idea.
The nearest town was closer than she had thought and she managed to catch a taxi, of course she didn't even know where the fuck she was, but she tried to landmark herself. She'd head back to her home, where Diana and her friends were, she needed to get away from John, he needed to bring his walls up again and find another place to be hidden.
Stacey knew that this was hard, but she was doing this for his own good, she didn't want him killed.

'I'm sorry John'.

It hurt more because...

She fell in love with him.