Chapter 33: Sweet Death Of An Avenger

'Gary, don't do this'.

John said, but that only caused Gary to shift his aim to John, 'get away from her, get away from Stacey now, I want you in the middle John, so that I can shoot you'.

Stacey looked over to where the pile of guards on the ground, John's guns were taken off of him, he couldn't protect himself, but Stacey could reach the guns in time, it was the only way.

John slowly let go of Stacey and slowly moved to the middle of the room, his eyes never leaving Gary's.

'Gary you can't-'.

A shot rang out and John staggered back, the first bullet hit his shoulder, and Stacey tried to hold back a scream as she slowly made her way to the pile of guards. She spotted one of the guns.
Gary was too focused on John at this point, 'what was it like, when you fought her? Was she pretty good? I taught her how to fight you know?'

John winced in pain, his hand coming up to the wound in an effort to stop the bleeding.

'What? Does it hurt?'

Gary laughed, he aimed at John again, but this time at his head. But before he could pull the trigger, a shot rang out and the gun in Gary's hand flew out of his grasp.

'Wha-'.

Before he could yell out, his chest burst open. Another shot from Marcus.

Gary staggered a few steps back, his hand coming up to touch his mutulated chest, his eyes resting on John.

'Lucky you'.

He said before collapsing in a pool of his own blood.

Lady Dahlia's chilren were gone... Dead.

John turned to see Stacey with one of his handguns, she had shot Gary's gun out of his hand, just like than man had done to her back at Sofia's place.

'John!'

She rushed over to him, 'shit! Are you okay?' John chuckled, 'I'm quite alright, it's nothing i haven't dealt with before... And you with the gun?' Stacey looked at the weapon, 'oh yeah... I'd like to thank the many actions movies I've watched'.

She suddenly realised something, 'oh...'. Winston was still staring down at Gary's body, 'I'm sorry Winston I- I didn't mean to-'.

'What do you mean? You only shot the gun out of his hand, you didn't kill him'.

Winston winked at her before pressing a button on his watch, she pressed her head against John uninjured shoulder, 'holy shit', she couldn't believe the things she had gone through.

'Hey'.

She looked up at John, 'hey, breathe', she hadn't realised that she was crying and he pulled her into an awkward embrace, 'I think it's time for us to have a rest don't you think?' He chuckled.
Winston laughed, 'you think? You best we going, the Clean Up will be here soon, I'll deal with them', he said before motioning John and Stacey to the door, 'head to your room, I'll have someone tend to your wounds'.

'Come on'.

John winced as he pulled Stacey along with him. She looked back at the body of Gary Dahlia, the man who's dog she had stepped on so many days ago, and the man who almost slit her throat open and shot John.

People like him terrified her, but then again, there was John... Jardani Jovonovich... He was something else.