Chapter 4-Little Lizzy

Professor Lee ran to the door and asked who it was before opening, I checked myself one last time before the door opened. And in walked someone, someone wearing a black cloak over him/herself. He/she had the hood of the cloak over his/her head. The figure slightly looked up at us, enough so that you could see HER lips, with a classic bright red lipstick.. She shined a crooked grin of a smile at us. Her smile faded away, "So you are the Loxy Summers that opened my book!?" She said in a hoarse and high voice, almost like she was scolding me. "Yes, umh, yeah that's me.." I replied to her. I bet I looked frightened. And out of nowhere..

She started.. LAUGHING?! Yes, she was laughing, laughing like she never laughed before! I wondered what was so funny. I started to feel embarrassed. Just as she started to get back to normal, she spoke words between her laughs, I couldn't understand because it was unclear. "Excuse me? Sorry I didn't get it." I said trying to sound unharmed by her rudeness. She immediately stopped laughing, but gave me that crooked smile again, "I said you should've seen the look on your face!" She said starting to laugh all over again. I didn't know what to say, I felt like slapping her, but I couldn't because David held my hand to try and calm me.

When she finally stopped laughing, she raised her hands to her hoodie and slowly, ever so gently, started taking it off. I couldn't believe my eyes.. She looked like a really pretty.. 12 year-old! She had clear skin that glowed, no wrinkles, no pimples.. Other than that she had dark brown eyes, freckles, and she had hair as black as ebony. "Surprised much?" She asked with a smirk. I turned to David who seemed to have the same reaction as I did. Dang it, that was so unexpected, I bet it was going through David's mind too.

"Ah let's get this over with!" She said frowning, "you've disappointed me enough already" she said. Huh?! What did we do that disappointed her?.. I tightened my grip in David's hand, I'm pretty sure he regretted trying to calm me because I squeezed his hand so hard. "So where did you get the book's key?" She asked. "I got it from my grandmother." I said as calmly as I could, trying to not show my anger, when I told her this, she reacted like as if I said something that was hurtful. "Okay." She said in almost a whisper. I knew she had something messed up in her past as she tried to seep in the tears that formed in her eyes, but I didn't care I wanted to get back home. "You can ask me three questions, and I'll answer them all. But remember, choose your questions wisely." She said coming back to her normal voice again. What is this? A wish granting system? I don't want to do these stupid riddles, I want to get home, and I want to get home NOW!

"I'll come back tomorrow and when I do, I need to hear those three questions. And no, they are not wishes, they are questions." She said as if she knew what I was thinking! She flashed me a smirk and then turned to David, "Cute boyfriend you got there." She said with the same smirk still on her face, "He's not my Boyfriend!" I answered back immediately. I heard her chuckles as she went out through the front door. She came back in and said "Oh! And the names Lizzy." And she went off out into the darkness.

When she left, I turned to David who winced when I let go of his hand, "Sorry for your hand.." I said kind of feeling bad about his poor hand that i squeezed to death, "No, no! It was my pleasure to have you.. Uh.. I mean it's ok!" He said as he lowered his gaze. OMG WAS HE GONNA SAY WHAT I THOUGHT HE'D SAY?! WAS HE GONNA SAY "It was a pleasure to have you hold my hand"?!

Before I knew it, I turned red as tomatoes. He glanced up at me and looked down again, damnnnnnn why is he so freakin adorable?! I smiled and gave him a friendly punch on his shoulder. He looked up again an smiled back. "So.. Whatcha thinkin of asking her when she comes back?" He asked, I suddenly remembered her and felt the heat build up in me again. "Umm, I don't know. I mean she really gave us time to think about it, so it must be important and we must choose as wisely as possible." I told him. "Right" he answered back. That night David and I kept going on about what to ask her.