Chapter 24- Chaos

The glow from my glowy ball illuminated David's facial features as I turned around too face him, I could still see the small cut above his left brow from Professor Lee. The tunnel smelled like popcorn for some reason, I don't really know why. We just kept walking deeper and deeper.

Out of nowhere I heard a sizzling sound, like a frying pan with hot oil. "What's that?" I asked particularly to no one, "it's the lava, we are near a volcanic structure." Gia replied, without turning. I took a shaky breath and clutched the locket my dad gave me. I figured out that the dreams here in Magica come true. Which isn't exactly a good thing. "We're here!" Gia said cheerfully, wow, I wonder how could someone be so lively and not cranky this early.

Gia stepped into a huge opening, it was lit with lava, which was contained behind a glass wall, in the middle of the cobblestone floored room, was a small tree. The tree was more like a sapling, a baby tree. I walked nearer and saw that it had leaves shaped like snowflakes, beautiful yet it could hold such intricate terrors. "This is what gave life to Aquaris, what held the grounds together and balanced the evil and pure forces. If anything were to happen to it, chances are that no one would live to see happiness ever again. Pureness as such must be handled carefully, if it gets into the wrong hands.. Evil would conquer." Gia explained from behind me.

"Shall we?" David asked, shaking the tube with a drop of blood, "yes, but be careful, not even one leaf should be touched. Or else we are doomed." Gia shot back with all seriousness. David took a step forward and.. Almost tripped over stone and fell on the tree! "I think you should do it." David suggested, handing me the tube. I gripped it tightly and pulled off the cork on top.

I kneeled down to the ground, shifting my weight to my other foot for some comfort. I allowed the drop of blood to trickle its way down the tube, and it fell right onto the tree's root. The drop of blood turned blue and then started to glow into a blinding white, till all you could see was whiteness. And then black. How many times are we going to go through this over and over again?

The world around me turned and twisted, dizziness devouring me and onto the floor I fell. Unconscious.

I opened my eyes to see the blood-red ceiling light above me, it blinked once, creating a buzzing noise. My head still throbbed from earlier, but it was manageable. I sat up and looked around, wait.. It looks like I'm in a dungeon! I'm a prisoner? David was still unconscious on the floor, but Misty was nowhere to be seen..

I went over to David's side and nudged him a bit. He groaned with pain, probably a headache, and woke up. "Where are we?" He asked, his voice still cranky from unconsciousness, "I seriously have no idea." I replied.

That's when I heard whispering, I looked out through the metal bars of the jail-prison, and saw a shadow of a person walking into sight. The woman looked at us and smiled evilly, showing a glimpse of her sharp and deadly fangs. Vampire. Should've seen it coming. She had thick black wavy hair, and a pale face with blood red lipstick. I couldn't see her facial features clearly due to the poorly lit room, but I saw her flannel red Tshirt and black skinny jeans.

"Why hello there, humans." She purred seductively. I shivered due to her sharp fangs.. They reflected the light. "We borrowed your little friend for a while." She continued, licking her lips. "No! You didn't bite her? Did you!?" I exclaimed horrified, my voice came out a little more scared than I'd have liken it to, it seemed to make her more tempted to scare us.

"Of course not, after all, fairy blood is quiet dense, and heavy.. Fatty! I prefer human blood, it's much more.. Delicious."she purred rolling her tongue over her teeth, and then winked at David. I could see David physically gulp. "Get us out of here!" I shouted, regaining my lost strength, "oh humans," she rolled her eyes, "we'll get you out after your friend passes her tests. If she fails.. We'll have a big-ol dinner serving boiled human blood soup. She explained smirking in the end.

I hope Misty does this right, I have faith in her.