Chapter 27- The Misplacement

I felt something scratch past my ankle, I looked down to find nothing. The lights suddenly flickered adding an eerie sensation to the surroundings.

"We have to move.." David whispered while tugging my arm a bit. We all stood up, ready to run for the exit but as we started making our way to the door, it slammed shut right before our eyes, creating a loud 'THUMP'.

David still has one hand gripping mine, he's using his free hand to try to open the door using the knob, but it wouldn't budge. Now he's furiously churning the doorknob with both of his hands, letting go of mine.

I can feel the tension building up in the room. The amount of discomfort and fear I'm feeling right now is not even bearable. And that's exactly when the creepy laughter has to return.

We are greeted with the same screechy, raspy laughter which we heard earlier, echoing throughout the room, then we are hit with a blackout. Not even the slightest bit of light is visible to me. I have seemed to have lost David, he had let go of my hand. I am trying to grab a hold of something, anything but nothing seems to be in my way.

"David?" I whisper lowly, making sure no one else could hear me. There are violent breathing sounds coming from all directions, creating an eerie beat. "Shhhh- Lox, don't move.. keep walking forward!" He whispered back through the darkness. I started to move my feet, taking each step slowly and cautiously. "No Lox! NO! DONT MOVE FORWARD!" David shouted, but it was muffled, like someone was covering his mouth.

"Yes Lox, yes. Keep moving forward." The same voice whispered. Wait what? Didn't he just say not to move forward? "Lox! It's a trick! Don't listen to the whispers!" He shouted, demons have the ability to copy voices?

I think it's best if I listen to the David who is shouting, demons have cracky and whispery voices. Right? I stay in my place, hearing some noises around me that sound a lot like punching and hitting, some soft gasps, screams and cries. My heart is starting to throb, pain eroding my body which feels like a burning sensation. But I still don't move. I keep my feet planted strong to the ground, not letting them move. The muffled screams are sounding more distant, as if moving further away.

I feel something holding my feet, trying to pull me down. A scream escapes my lips as I hit the ground, my hands flailing around, trying to defend myself. I'm going to die, I'm so going to die! Wherever the hands of the creature touches me, it stings with pain there, I hold my breath and stop moving, trying to trick the creature into thinking I'm dead. But it won't stop trying to strangle me, I let out some more muffled screams when it clamped its hands around my mouth, wrapping its legs around me to stop me from moving.

"It's me, David." It whispered, but I'm not giving in that easily. "Prove it." I challenge it, using my muffled voice because it's hands are still iron-clamped against my mouth.

I heard the creature sigh before whispering "Lox, it's me.. Bunny Boo. Your best friend, your secret admirer. The one and only David Hugo. The guy who envies Cory Justin, cuz you have a crush on him, and not on me. I'm the guy who- who helped you pull yourself together when your dad passed away. I'm the-"

"Okay, okay. I know it's you.. Bunny boo." I say, smiling at memory when I used to chat with him on a game called DrawMania, thats where I met him, I created up lots of nicknames for him.

Then there was a long, pained scream, shrilling around in the darkness. And the lights turn back on.

Making my smile instantly dissappear from my face. The first thing that caught my eyes, was the shiny white tiled walls stained with blood, the blood dripping down onto the floor, then moved along the floor and out the door, like a bleeding body was dragged through the room and out the exit. My heart started to pound faster and faster.. Someone.. Died.

"Misty?!" I shriek looking around the room, my eyes searching furiously for my auburn haired twinnie. My only sister! I'm not ready to be alone again!

that's when my eyes land on something shaking behind the box in the far corner. I pull myself out of David's grip running to the corner.

"Misty?" My voice came out dry and scared. I fall onto the floor, my knee that was scraped throbbing with fresh pain, and so I started to crawl my way to the shaking person, falling clumsily a couple of times on my way, and sure enough, it's Misty, rocking her self as she's curled up into a ball, crying. "Misty?" I whisper once more, getting her attention..

"Th-they t-t-took her!" She stuttered not stopping her continuous movement.

"Sh-she's dead! She's dead.. We are all going to die. We're going to d-die!" She screams, her voice harsh. Looking up at me with tear-stained cheeks.