Chapter 25- Living Hell

"I DID IT!!" squealed an obnoxiously amazing sister of mine, thats right, she passed the test. Which means that we get to be set free! The medieval iron door of the cell opened and Misty ran up to me and flung her arms around me.

"Whatever, it was just by luck." Said the vampire girl from earlier, clearly annoyed.

"Well done," boomed a strong feminine voice from the darkness, she came into the clearing, with the dim red light flickering to her presence. her hair ebony black with soft waves at the ends, a white streak running down from the side part of her hair. Her eyes seemed to glow a red colour in the dim light, my eyes are probably just illuminating things.

"Mom.. Why did you just let her pass? We could've had the best baked human livers ever!" Whined the vampire girl, hah! In your face sucker!

I struck my tongue out at her, receiving death glares from her in return.

"Anyways, here, take this." She said handing me the Magix book, "I went through the riddle, but this time your on your own. My daughter, Alexa will be helping you on your way. I'll go get my guards to pick some berries for you, take care and good luck." She continued as she waved off and went through the dark hallway.

"Ugh, I hate my life." Murmured the vampire girl named Alexa, "hey, I hate this just as much as you do." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Ladies, let's just get this over with." David chipped in, making sure to give us both a short stare.

"Fine, follow me. The sooner we are done, the quicker I'll be human-free. It would've been better if I had some humanesticides." Alexa said, making her way through the dimly lit hallway, I didnt say anything in return. The place looked like it was a hundred years old, with cracks on the walls and dents on the prison bars.

"Stop." Alexa said, raising a hand behind her to signal us to stop. She then sniffed the air, and tracted her fangs. "What's going on?" I asked. "They know your here." She replied in a whisper.

They? Who are they? I heard some light shuffling sounds, probably from the other side of the wall. "Keep it low, and don't make any sudden movements." She hissed a bit angrily. Seriously, what's going on? Then I heard a 'bang'.

"Run!!" Alexa screamed as she started running, her super-speed zooming into action. I heard all sorts of scary noises, but I didn't turn around to look. I just ran.

the air made whipping sounds as we ran, Misty was right in front of me while David was right by my side. "They're gaining on us!" I heard Alexa screech through madly gritted teeth.

Alexa ran up to a big wooden door and opened it, waited for us to get in, then shut it closed, making sure to turn the key so it's locked.

After she locked the door, banging sounds were made from behind it. "They can't get us for now, at least not till sundown." Alexa said, turning away from the door to face us. "What exactly are they?" I asked catching my breath.

"They, are what we call demons, evil humane souls that have been tortured by us supernaturals to death. They hunt supernaturals down and kill their royal bloodlines, then kill every and each one of the supernatural, making sure to torture us back to the brink of death. Even if we weren't exactly the one's who tortured them." She sighed and stared at the door for a bit.

"They killed thousands of us, when we only killed hundreds of them. My grandparents were one of them. Us vampires never did anything to them, it was those filthy werewolves! But we all suffer till the end." She finished.

"What happens during night?" I asked to change the saddening topic, "they become stronger." She replied simply, but something in her voice sent an eerie feeling through my veins.

"We will get you..." a screechy, cracky whisper slipped through the door. Oh no, this is going to scare the blood out of me. Then I heard one of them scratch the wooden door. I hear all sorts of whispering noises coming from not only the door..

But everywhere.. Its night.