Chapter 6- Life or Death?

We both knew this was the end.. With each time it's warm breath reached me, it sent a shiver throughout my whole body, the shivers sent signals up and down.. Up and down.. David was holding me by my waist while I had my hands tightly around his shoulders and my head was tightly digging into one of one of his shoulders. All I was was waiting for was to die and reach peace after my death.. But it wasn't over just yet!

I heard a voice, a familiar voice, a voice of a girl. "Get down beast! I am your master and you shall obey me!" Said the voice of.. Lizzy! I heard the werewolf start to whine and almost cry. "Now get out! And never interfere with humans ever again!" Scolded Lizzy to the horrifying creature. The werewolf scampered around and left, like a lost puppy dog. The wardrobe's door flew open by itself and the first thing I saw out of the darkness was Lizzy's face. "So.. Do you guys need some privacy?" She asked smiling. "Huh oh!" I squeaked because I found out that I was still hugging David's shoulders. We both quickly backed away. David shot me a relieved smile. I chuckled as I thought about our hugging.. EEEKKK!! Hahaha, when I chuckled David brushed through his hair with his hand as he always does when he gets a bit too shy.

Now it's time to get serious again. "Did you prepare your three questions?" Lizzy asked us both. We both nodded as a reply. "Our first question, are we ever going to get back to our homes?" David asked her with hope filled eyes, "Yes, but in order to do that, you must complete all seven riddles of Magix." She answered back with a very serious expression.

"What would happen if one of us, or both of us die?" I asked her this time, "if you die, you die. I can't interfere with life and death. You will never see home." She answered my question, I felt the air starting to tense up. "Third question" She ordered. I looked at David whose lip started to bleed because he bit it from his nervousness. "How did my grandmother get that Magix key?" I asked her as the last question, she smirked and said "I am your grandmother!" She almost screamed it out. "WHAT?!" I felt my brain starting to scramble. Is this a joke?! What the hell?..

"Bu..but- but HOW?!" I finally spattered out. "Sorry, three questions completed." She said and disappeared in a blink with purple smoke. My mouth was wide open with disbelief. I turned to David and he had just about the same reaction as I did. My heart started to skip beats. And before I knew it, I was dragged to sudden darkness...

"Loxy? Hey.. You okay?" I heard davids voice cracking. "Huh? What happend?" I managed to choke out, "Loxy, you.. You fainted because of Lizzy." David told me, I gasped to the answer I didn't want to hear. He handed me some water so I could clear my throat. I sat up and found myself on my temporary bed in the attic of Professor Lee's cottage. Speaking of Professor Lee, "Is Professor Lee back yet?" I asked David in hope that he is finished with the magic harp, "No, not yet." David replied with almost a sigh. Ugh, all I wanted to do is go home! I miss my mom and to be honest, I really miss my science class too! My dad had died in a car accident not more than 2 years ago, when I was 14. Ever since, David's family has been giving us all our needs, and I am much thankful to him for that, it's also the reason why we are so close.

While thinking of my dad, a tear rolled down my cheek. David took my hand and started to pat it, which made me feel better. Then there was a ring at the at the door bell, it was a bit scary because, what if it's another dangerous creature?!
David and I went downstairs and asked who was it and a familiar voice answered. "Professor Lee!" We both screamed in unison. But the look on his face told me something was wrong.