Chapter 17- Heartbroken

"Sooo.. Anyways, the stupid Lee guy forgot to give you this." Lizzy spoke in an annoyed tone as she handed me a large tooth connected to a string, "wear it, it's like the wing and mermaid pendants you have, jus wish on it and it will change you into a werewolf." Lizzy explained.

"Wait, but how is David going to change?" I asked, curiosity laced in my voice.

Lizzy stared at me for a second, as if it's obvious, "he changes when you wish on YOUR pendant, haven't you already noticed?" Her voice irritated.

"Oh, and no. Anyways, what's wrong with you?! Why are you so rude?? I mean, I am your grand-daughter!" I burst out with gritted teeth, my patience has been held for too long, it feels good for a second, until I start to regret it..

She stares at me wide-eyed, almost horrified at what she heard. "I am doing all this so that you won't get too attached to me, I will end when you're done with this." She roars, tears filling her stormy eyes, even though you can't cry under-water, she turns and swims away. I too turn around and swim the opposite direction.

What does she mean by "I will end when you're done with this." I mumble to myself, lost in thoughts. I felt a hand grab mine, I turn to see David, giving me a concerned look, his lips pressed tight against each other in a thin line. "This doesn't feel right." I whisper to David, he squeezes my hand gently in reply. We started heading to the Middle Island of the caldera.

Somehow the beautiful waters didn't feel the same anymore, it reminded me of the incident with my grandmother, building up guilt in me. I may not know her much, but she's my grandmother! At Least that's what she told me.

We reached there just as the sun started setting, the sunlight that had the chance to shine cast silhouettes of the island. Misty jumped out to the clearing a wide grin that stretched across her face, which soon faded as she saw my expression. Misty eyed David as if telling him to give some time to us, David nodded and walked into the island towards a fire where Gia sat, as I wished for our tails to disappear.

"Hey, everything alright?" She asked in a gentle low voice, "well, if having a fight with your grandmother is alright, then yeah." I replied, my tone a bit higher than expected, I saw her flinch at my tone. She came nearer to me and set a hand in my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile. "Everything is going to be fine," She said trying to get my hopes up, "but we have to continue and stay focused on the riddles for now, we can't afford to-" I didn't allow her to continue, "She's going to die once we are done with the riddles!" I literally shout at the top on my lungs.

I saw as her expression changed into a mixture of surprised and frightened. "W-what do you mean?!" She sputtered the words out as if hurt, "she said something about her ending once we are done with Magix." I explain, and saw her stiffen up at what I said.

She gave me a concerned look but held her position and stayed strong, no wonder why she's princess-material. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the camp. Just as we entered the camp area, David gave me an open smile. Misty sat beside Gia and that left me with no choice except to sit next to David.

Gia cleared her throat to gain our attention, "ehem.. So, anyways I've been reviewing with the riddle and found a suitable answer." She said handing us the Magix book.

"3/7 riddles completed."

"Once the heart,
Is broken apart;
Blood in a drop
Given with to the life
Within a crop."

"Tomorrow first thing in the morning after breakfast will be to start the hunt to the riddle." Gia told us as She walked to the shore transforming into a mermaid and waved off to us before swimming away.

I allowed myself to be in a comfortable position before drifting off to sleep. The sleep went by pretty quickly, as if I only slept for 10 minutes but the first thing that caught my eyes sent a pang into my heart.

I watched, mouth-agape as Misty sat on David's lap, his grip tight around her waist, while both of them were laughing and giggling there guts out..

Only one word could describe my feelings. Betrayed.