Chapter 7- Riddly diddle

I'm pretty sure we were both happy that Professor Lee was back but, the look on his face, really made me wonder.. "Professor Lee, is everything alright?" I croaked, because of my dry throat, "Oh? Oh! Yes, I'm fine dear!" He replied, rather sounding like he was hiding something. I felt like asking him for more details but then again, being the over-thinking person I am, I decided not to.. So anyways, if I'd actually put my finger on to it, I might just cause problems.

Professor Lee started looking around, beads of sweat formed on his forehead. "Wh-what hap-happend?!" He sputtered out with a flow of fear flooding over him. "Uh.. The werewolf guy-Uh thing broke into the house." David answered with a voice that seemed to show his fear, too. Professor Lee turned around and eyes us both, first David and then turned his eyes towards me, "a werewolf?" He gulped, "yeah." David and I answered back in unison.

After that, Professor Lee didn't do anything more, he went straight to his lab, an expression of relief was found on his face. The lab was untouched. "oh, thank god!" He muttered to himself. "Now you two carry on, I need to double-time because.. I Uh.. Came back later then scheduled." He motioned towards the staircase that led upstairs to the attic. I was rather confused, I mean there is seriously something suspicious going around here.

Then out of nowhere, a sudden chain of memories flashed back into my mind:
"I am your grandmother!" (Lizzy) making me feel sick..
"Loxy.. You fainted, because of Lizzy" (David) this memory caused my head to throb.
Then I remembered something I thought I never would, not after 2 years..:
I saw.. Dad.. Tossing me up in the air and catching me again when I was 5, both of us were laughing like crazy.
This memory made a tear roll down my cheek. I had the best dad anyone could ever ask for, he provided everything we all ever needed, including just enough love..

"Loxy? Ey.. You kinda just started crying out of nowhere." David told me as he neared me, "I just remembered dad." I told him, turning my face towards him, "Aww-" he wasn't able to continue his awe because he hugged me ever so tightly that he, himself couldn't breathe. He gave me a little kiss on my forehead, I of course in the other hand, through his confidence towards me, started blushing like crazy. He smirked to see my reaction.

I realised that I really treasured David's friendship, he's always here for me! And now, that I'm going through grief, he's here just by my side, "oh, how I wish I had millions of friends just like you!" I chirped to show my happiness. We broke our hugging session when we heard footsteps from the staircase, "children? Your harp for the next riddle is complete." Said an old crazy voice, as professor Lee appeared from the staircase. I looked at David, and to be honest he looked like he was ready to kill someone in order to get us back home! We both ran down stairs to the lab.

When we reached there, a beautiful harp, made out of flowers of various colours, and scented like a garden, awaited us. I was about to ask professor Lee on how to use it, but when I turned around.. I saw it's bloody eyes again.. I gasped as I backed up against David, who stepped forward as if to protect me. The werewolf growled, showing us it's knife-like array of teeth. It started nearing us when.. It fell to the ground and.. Started changing to human?

Yes, it was changing to human. I saw his bloody red eyes turning brown, it's monstrous claws, to hands. It's hideous face to a familiar one.. professor Lee! He groaned from pain, which I guess was from the transformation. My mouth dropped open, my eyes wide open with fear. "P-pr-professor Lee!" I shrieked. David ran toward him, he was on his knees. "Ch-children, you mustn't stay here.. It's much too dangerous! You must go now, before I do any harm!" He warned us both as he coughed, "but what about you?" I asked my voice made it sound like I was about to cry. "Leave now! There's no time to lose!" He warned us again.

He started transforming again! "Pluck the strings!" David almost yelled at me, I ran, as fast as I could to the harp. I glanced back at David who was fighting off the monstrous creature, "do it Loxy!" He ordered me and there was then, a familiar light that shone once again..