Chapter 5- The unexpected

After hours of thinking about what we should ask Lizzy, we finally settled down with the questions. There were two single beds in the attic, it was kinda creepy. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, the only light source was the moon, which shined down on us through the medieval window. I felt like someone was watching me, I turned to David who had his eyes on me. Ow, how sweet and innocent he looked, with his face almost glowing in the darkness, I gave him a smile but he didn't answer me back with a smile like he always does.. Maybe somethings were going through his head too.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I asked in a voice a little higher than a whisper, "yeah, I just kinda miss home." He said giving me a side frown. And here I thought I was the only one worried. "But don't worry, I'll get us both home, I promise." He said giving me a slight smirk, which seemed to look uncertain. Just as i drifted off to sleep I heard a noise that forced my eyes to open, "sorry" David said, he tripped over my shoes that I kept beside my bed, he gave me a tiny kiss on my cheek, "DAVID!!" I squeaked with blushing cheeks, "what? It was friendly!" He said laughing quietly. I rolled my eyes and then finally, and peacefully drifted off to sleep, without anymore people tripping on my shoes, of course.

The first thing I saw when I woke up from my dreamless night, was the sunshine reflecting the green light of the sky through the medieval window. I had much hope of waking up at David's house, but I didn't. When I looked over at David's bed, it was empty and neatly fixed. I went to the wardrobe and picked out a knee-length black skirt and a baby-pink dress shirt, once I wore the clothes and was ready I headed down. I saw David looking out the window sipping that Orchinoca juice. "Morning!" I said with a bright smile, "morning, how have you slept?" He asked, "Great." I answered back. "Where's Professor Lee?" I asked as I looked around. "Oh, he went out to hunt for special rare kinds of flowers." He told me as he took another sip. I sat down on the chair which already had the breakfast ready for me, as i began to eat, I thought of Lizzy. My thoughts might have been a tad rude on her.. I mean maybe she had suffered or something, but I was all selfish, I wanted to go home so badly.

As I was chewing my food, there was a loud bang on the door, not like a knock but like as if someone was hitting the door with a hammer or something. "Who is it?" David asked. But all we heard as an answer was some kind of growling sound. David turned to me with a worried expression, "maybe we should look out the window." I suggested David. We both were looking through the window that showed a view of the front door. There was nothing in sight except a peaceful view.. Then suddenly.. out of NOWHERE.. A pair of eyes were watching us.. It's furry face looked down at us through the window.. It's claws sharp as knives.. And it's eyes.. We're BLOODY RED watching us, ready to pounce, ready to attack! "AHHH! WEREWOLF!!" I screamed as the frightening creature started tensing and drooling. "Run Loxy!!" Shouted David in his highest voice, but I froze in place. David grabbed my hand and we ran, making our way to the stairs.. CLASHHHHHH!! The window was broken.. We knew the creature was coming for us. David pulled me into the wardrobe to hide, I felt my heart pounding so hard, that it felt like it was about to explode! I suddenly felt like crying and screaming, but I squeezed my head in David's shoulder to calm myself. We heard things breaking from downstairs, I knew it was looking for us.. Then we heard footsteps coming for us.. The footsteps grew louder.. Louder.. I had never ever felt this scared before..

The ferocious creature sniffed the air and then, it turned to the wardrobe.. IT KNEW WE WERE HERE!!! It was so close, so close that I could feel it's warm breath..