Chapter 12- Darkness Arises

Misty took her first step out and then motioned us to come out too, we followed close behind, and when I say close, I mean CLOSE because David kept bumping into me, we were literally a pinky finger apart from each other. As soon as we took our first step, the smell of ashes and death invaded our senses. The air felt dry. The sky, covered with black fog, black as night. "This place looks like a wreck!" David announced. "It's because of the Evils, they burnt the whole place down." Misty explained, David mouthed the letter "o" in reply. I neared a leaf-less tree that was burnt to examine it.

"Lox! Get back here, you'll can't wander off like that!" Misty scream-whispered. I frowned and walked back to them, anyways, it's not like anyone is here... But it was too late.. Then WOOSH!

I heard it. We all heard it. We saw a black figure fly above our heads, the WOOSH once again, it flew over our heads. Then it landed right in front of us. Now I could see its features clearly. It's body was black and rough looking,It had three long fingers shaped like daggers on each hand, it's wings were black, in fact, everything was black except for its eyes which were completely white. And it's teeth, it's teeth were sharp like ice stalagmites hanging from a down from a cave of deep darkness. I just stood there, staring at the hideous creature, with nothing to defend myself with, nothing. Death was written all over me.

"Lox, run!" I heard Misty scream at the top of her lungs, but I just stood there, hopeless. And out of nowhere, I felt a pair of hands grab me by the shoulders, David! He pulled me back and wiped the tears off of my face, which I didn't know I shed. I could hear Misty fight off the creature. David snapped a tree branch off of the dead tree, and hit the creature hard into the chest. The creature fell to the ground, creating this gaspish-scream like noise. As as soon as it hit the floor, it turned into white smoke which disintegrated into the air. David turned to me, "are you alright?!" He almost shrieked, "I-I think so.." I said as another tear creeped down my cheek.

I guess I was so scared, that I couldn't control my tears. "Hey, it's gonna be alright." David said as he took my hand and squeezed it to ensure me that it would actually be alright. "I thought werewolves would be the scariest thing I'd see in my life, I guess I was wrong." I replied as I gazed deep into his eyes. Then I turned my head to Misty, who was breathing hard while kneeling on the floor. "We have to get you to the next riddle, fast" Misty said walking towards us, "we don't want to encounter anymore of those Evils." David and I nodded in reply.

We started for a long trip in this forbidden land of death. "I can't get those breath-taking scary creatures out of my mind." I whispered to David. "Those creatures are actually dead winged-fairies who were bitten by Evils, there souls still lie in those bodies, but there is no cure. A lot like zombies." Misty explained, I guess she heard me. The dead black grass crunched softly underneath our feet. It was so quiet, so quiet that I could hear my own heart beat.

"Shh.. Duck down!" Misty whisper-yelled to us. We all leaned closer to the ground, and neared a cliff. As I got closer to the cliff fall, I saw the reason why we ducked. There we hundreds, maybe thousands of those Evil-creatures.. All hanging out in a huge group. I gasped silently. I was so scared, all I want to do is to go home! Is that so much to ask?! "The answer to your riddle is hidden somewhere beneath the ground where they are standing." Misty whispered to me. Huh? I guess that's why you should find it with HEED, it's from the riddle! But it would be straight forward hard work.

"We will camp here till night." Misty said looking straight into my eyes, as if she were looking into my soul. I was dead tired anyways.. So we decided to stay till night..